• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Leafs @ Panthers | 7:00PM SNET-O

You guys are out to lunch. It was blatant live as well.

It's not a legal stick check if you take the guy's leg out first. Period.

Sure but it is if you get the puck first and those two things literally happened within milliseconds of each other and Matthews didn't go down until after Matheson got puck.

Not saying it was the right call, but to pretend like it was a blatant non-call live is kinda nuts. Its only blatant in frame-by-frame slow motion.

I don't understand how anyone can deny that it was very, very, very close.

Sure but it is if you get the puck first and those two things literally happened within milliseconds of each other and Matthews didn't go down until after Matheson got puck.

Not saying it was the right call, but to pretend like it was a blatant non-call live is kinda nuts. Its only blatant in frame-by-frame slow motion.

I don't understand how anyone can deny that it was very, very, very close.

I didn't watch the game, but watching the frame-by-frame breakdown, I agree with your assessment.

well, they're 6th in adjusted xGF% and 11th in adjusted CF%....so 8th overall is pretty much exactly where they should be, based on their play.

BUT, I think they can clearly play better than this.

I don't think they've played as well as their record, despite their numbers. far too many nights getting outshot and outplayed. also odd that you'd only mention the goals and shots for. we know they're fine offensively.

It is a nice change though to be able to have other teams outplay us and win just based on talent alone. Been a long time since that was the case.

That being said, there is definite room for improvement still, which is encouraging in a sense.

I don't think they've played as well as their record, despite their numbers. far too many nights getting outshot and outplayed. also odd that you'd only mention the goals and shots for. we know they're fine offensively.

xGF% and CF% is our percentage of the total shot attempts for both teams - i.e. it includes both offense and defense.

For example, we out shot-attempted the Panthers by a good margin last night, and destroyed them in scoring chances.

But my problem with the effort last night is that we didn't show up in the first period, giving the other team their legs and ending up with us having to try and make a comeback.

xGF% and CF% is our percentage of the total shot attempts for both teams - i.e. it includes both offense and defense.

outshot? outplayed? hello? anyone in there?

we've already been over the faults in these statistics, but honestly, you're agreeing with me that they can play better so whatever.

how someone in one breath can talk about "outshot" and then complain about the faults in "advanced stats" just kills me.

how someone in one breath can talk about "outshot" and then complain about the faults in "advanced stats" just kills me.

no need for the quotes man. we give up a ****ton of shots.

it's ok to admit the Leafs get outplayed, they do. what happened in the first period last night? that simply can't happen when the talent disparity is that big. there's no excuse for starting games like that.

Why do you use the "shots" stat to determine which team is playing better?

why not "goals"?

Last night:

Shot attempts: TOR 71 - FLA 62
Unblocked SHA: TOR 53 - FLA 56
Shots: TOR 44 - FLA 43
Chances: TOR 36 - FLA 23
High-Danger: TOR 18 - FLA 8

The Leafs should be playing better, but even on a night like this they were easily the better team.

Yeah, I wouldn't say that the Leafs were outplayed these last two games. They out chanced both Arizona and Florida. But they didn't play their best games. And they were playing against not very good teams, so outplaying them by a slim margin isn't an indicator great performance.

But they are also coming off a 6 game win streak and a big win against Montreal, to play two shitty teams they probably looked past. I'm not too concerned.

Leafs lines today:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Komarov-Kadri-Soshnikov
van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Nylander
Leivo-Marleau-Brown

Extras: Moore, Martin

:eek6:

I'm still more pissed at babs putting Bozak out instead of Will, or hell Rielly...

WTF indeed.
That move didn't really bother me at the time, because historically, Bozak's been one of our better shootout guys.

But since Babcock took over, looks like Bozak's gone 1-for-11 in the shootout.

So yeah...weird choice.

Leafs lines today:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Komarov-Kadri-Soshnikov
Leivo-Marleau-Brown

I won't get too excited until I see this in a game.

But maybe Babcock's finally come around to the idea that our forward depth gives us the option to put together four strong lines, and run other teams ragged?

Leafs lines today:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Komarov-Kadri-Soshnikov
Leivo-Marleau-Brown

Naz getting saddled with the two biggest offensive black holes in the line up I take as a big show of confidence in his ability to drive a line. Especially cause that will likely be Babs' match up line. Will be impressed if he keeps producing with Leo and Sosh.

Naz has been pretty reliable for a little while to consistently carry a line and be responsible in his own end. Know he had a bit of a down stretch out west, but beyond that, he's generally rock solid. I almost take it for granted at this point. The 'kid' has really turned himself into a top centre in the league.

Back