• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Ales Hemsky to one-year, $1 million deal

Is Hemsky better than Hudon?

Who starts ahead of who?

Habs maangement loves progress-stoppers....we would have been better off letting the kids experience playoffs last year, instead of playing guys like King

Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

Should have gambled on a two year deal with Radulov in the first place.

believe it or not, I felt that way last year. I didn't buy all the "big risk" chatter. He was never in the Sekac or Semin category.

but maybe Radu preferred a one yr deal?

Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

believe it or not, I felt that way last year. I didn't buy all the "big risk" chatter. He was never in the Sekac or Semin category.

but maybe Radu preferred a one yr deal?

yeah , if you think a player is good enough to pay him 5.7 million in one year when he is only 30, why not go 2 years @ 5 or something like that.

Habs maangement loves progress-stoppers....we would have been better off letting the kids experience playoffs last year, instead of playing guys like King

Dear God, if this slug ends up putting Hudon in the press box, I swear to god..

It's now possible that Hemsky and Pleks will anchor our second line next season.

I door t get the hemsky signing. Best, he is a 3ed liner, which would push Byron on the 4th? Doesn't make sense.

Also, hemsky is not blocking Hudson. Hudson plays center or left wing if I am not mistaking. Hemsky is a right wing. Right not, hemsky would more block Byron than anything else. He will not play ahead of Drouin (if played right wing) or Gallagher.

At this point, I would have expected taken a gamble with yakupov but I understand they the organisation doesn't want more troubled players. They just traded one and still hope galchenyuk turns around. Not sure yakupov would be a good influence on a fragile galchenyuk right now. If galchenyuk was stronger right now, I'd consider it.

Markov is repordingly in discussion with the flyers. Bergevin has money so worst case, get Markov signed for 2 years and give a Drouin type. On tract to galchenyuk and get this going.

The more I think about it, the more I think this could be a great signing. He's still about a 0.5 PPG guy and fills a bit of the same role as Radulov as a dangler/playmaker, minus the power forward game, for a fraction of the price. Outside of Radulov last year we had no other playmakers, this would gives us two with Drouin. I would have preferred Radulov of course but if we can get 35-40 points from this guy for a million, it's going to be a steal. He gives us some decent options up front. Whether he is completely recovered from his injury is the only question mark but he still managed his usual 0.5 ppg last year after coming back.

The more I think about it, the more I think this could be a great signing. He's still about a 0.5 PPG guy and fills a bit of the same role as Radulov as a dangler/playmaker, minus the power forward game, for a fraction of the price. Outside of Radulov last year we had no other playmakers, this would gives us two with Drouin. I would have preferred Radulov of course but if we can get 35-40 points from this guy for a million, it's going to be a steal. He gives us some decent options up front. Whether he is completely recovered from his injury is the only question mark but he still managed his usual 0.5 ppg last year after coming back.

We're not gonna get 35-40 points out of him.

He's a fine depth filler. 3rd or 4th line. If he sucks doesn't cost us on the cap. If he does better, then great.

No chance. There is no offence on this team to help him get that high.

Gallagher will be vying for 35-40 points this year.

We'll see. Don't underestimate him, he's quite talented, both Byron and Danault got 40+ points last year and they're not as talented. I could see him working well with Lehkonen. I wouldn't even be surprised to see him paired with Max for some stretches, plus he's going to get PP time. Like I mentioned in another thread, we have plenty of shooters, but we don't have many crafty playmakers, so he's a nice complement to the roster.

Back