• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

Re: Leafs' Prospect Discussion Thread!

A goal and an assist for Carl Grundstrom today.

He now has 11 goals on the season, which has him in a two-way tie for the SHL lead.

Not too shabby for an 18 year-old.

Would love to see him rip up the WJC

Averaging 13 mins with a 19% SH and only 1 PPG. Thats impressive

Good news and bad news for 2016 Leaf 2nd rounder Yegor Korshkov today.

Good news: he scored a goal today.

Bad news: he broke his leg afterwards.

I'm not sure when exactly the KHL season finishes, but it's far enoigh along that this injury could be the end of his season.

Too bad.

I have to admit, I was less than enthused with our draft this year. I could see they had a clear strategy but it seemed like an entirely different one than last year and I had my doubts.

But I think early returns for Korshkov and Grundstrom have been pretty damn good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know I'd call that a "good news / bad news" type scenario. Sucks to miss most of a year of development.

I dunno. There are some players I would except that from happily.

Hunwick, Polak...

Just kidding, you shitty excuse for a bottom pair.

Bracco extends point streak to 23 games. Nice.

Lance Hornby ‏@sunhornby 1m1 minute ago
Suspended Sparks activated by Marlies.

I don't know I'd call that a "good news / bad news" type scenario. Sucks to miss most of a year of development.
A good news/really bad news scenario? But yeah, it always sucks when a player this young misses a lot of time, especially when he was playing so well in a high-level professional league. Hopefully it's not a serious break. If it's something that only takes 6-8 weeks to heal, he could be back this year. The KHL regular season goes into late February, and the KHL playoffs go until mid-April.

Here's the play where Korshkov broke his leg, btw:

ECHrIN7.gif

don't think anyone was counting on them anytime soon.
Yeah, they were both teenagers to start this season after all---and Dermott still is, in fact. Both of them should be spending this entire season in the AHL, at least. If the Leafs need more immediate help from the farm, Rinat Valiev's the guy they should be calling up.

Still, with his all-around solid game, Dermott might not be too much farther off than one year. Nielsen, on the other hand, has better raw tools and a higher ceiling, but seems like he needs a lot more work both on and off the ice before he's ready to make the jump.

Bracco continues streak with three more assists. 49 points in 24 games.
Crazy. I'm really looking forward to seeing this kid at the WJC's.

Man, the Marlies seem to be struggling lately. 2-0 Hartford.

Man, the Marlies seem to be struggling lately. 2-0 Hartford.

Well, when your goalies are struggling like THAT, it's tough for the team not to struggle.

They say game of hockey is 80% goaltending, unless you don't have it, then it's 100%

Back