• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs sign John Tavares to 7 year/ $77m deal

I think everyone here should take a bow to Zeke. Amazing call my itale bro... You put your stones on the line on this one and no one as far as I can read, is feting you,. Or bowing to you

There are about five posters as well as Zeke that are world class. Beyond athletic, you mi itale, are like amazing, great job here Zeke. You should be paid.

I will always defend my Zeke. He is a legend.

Zeke called this before anyone, lets give him finally some forumice love. We are so lucky to have him..

Adjust your meds. You’re creeping people out.

You'd think he just took a bullet for someone. Holy ****ing hyperbole.

Good call, zeke, but I ain't kissing yer arse. It was like, what? A day before he signed? After he'd been rumoured to have rejected the Islanders?

kneel-before-zod-gif.gif

I'm also pretty sure the question "what are you going to do about the defence" came up, and that the answer was not "we're going to ship out Nylander for somebody as soon as you get here"
Exactly. I am pretty sure Tavares wouldn't come here if Dubas didn't convince him that ...

1. TOR can keep MNM and Tavares under the cap for the next 7 years
2. He can improve the D while doing that

I'm also pretty sure with Tavares getting $11M, there's no way Matthews more than $11 ... I think it's fair to assume Matthew's next contract will be anywhere between $10-11M, there's not much wiggle room over there.

But Marner won't get $9M, and Nylander won't get anywhere over $7M ... he didn't get Pasternk's offensive numbers, so I see him at $6.5 - 6.75M, and Marner will be around the same (unless he has a PPG season this year on Tavares' wing then that's another problem ... and a good problem to have).

Even though it’s the unlikeliest of scenarios - because I think he’ll be traded and resigned by the new team - I have been toying with the idea of whether we could fit Karlsson and go full on video game mode.

If Gardiner and Zaitsev are moved and EK signs for $11m, that’s only $2.5m more that we’d need to open up. And with Hainsey going off the books and Liljegren and Borgman ready to be full timers by then and thus give us two cheap guys on D, I’m thinking maybe, just maybe, it’d be possible, if all the stars aligned.

And I think Matty signs for $10m. It’s his first big contract and they’d likely be able to convince him that every little bit saved counts in keeping the team together, in the spirit of taking less to do so.

But regardless, I think we should resign all three this summer and not wait. Marner is going to have a monster year playing with Tavares and could top 80 points. They gotta get the kid signed now long term.

And I think Matty signs for $10m. It’s his first big contract and they’d likely be able to convince him that every little bit saved counts in keeping the team together, in the spirit of taking less to do so.

But regardless, I think we should resign all three this summer and not wait. Marner is going to have a monster year playing with Tavares and could top 80 points. They gotta get the kid signed now long term.

I think marner could win the scoring race if he keeps going the way he is.
Sign marner, nylander and Matthews now before someone can lay some nutty contract at their skates.

No freaking way Karlsson ends up here. Ottawa never let's that happen in a million years. (even though we can argue we traded you our captain defenseman, it's time to return the favor lol)

They’d never trade him here. But maybe he decides not to sign with whoever they do trade him to.

That’s the basis of the fantasy at least.

Probably nothing but I do find it potentially telling that when Dubas goes at length to name the Leafs core, Kadri is not mentioned.

Starts around the 5:45 mark:

[video=youtube;jtrwy3Fu41w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtrwy3Fu41w[/video]

Probably nothing but I do find it potentially telling that when Dubas goes at length to name the Leafs core, Kadri is not mentioned.

Starts around the 5:45 mark:

[video=youtube;jtrwy3Fu41w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtrwy3Fu41w[/video]

Seems like an innocent omission.

What grabbed me though was him saying Gardiner is a key part of the core. Wonder if they use his poor game 7 to get a favorable extension out of him instead of trading him.

Yeah, I found the Gardiner inclusion interesting as well. There's been reports that they are talking extension. Not too keen on seeing Drunk Jake for years to come but Sober Jake is always a joy.

Gotta take the good with the bad.

Smooth skating, offensive minded dmen who can lead the transition game and put up 50 points don’t just grow on trees.

If we could somehow sign him for $5.5m, I’d be all over it. That’s a contract we could easily trade later if we need to.

Gotta take the good with the bad.

Smooth skating, offensive minded dmen who can lead the transition game and put up 50 points don’t just grow on trees.

If we could somehow sign him for $5.5m, I’d be all over it. That’s a contract we could easily trade later if we need to.

Sorry leaf not a chance in hell he will sign for that. This is the same guy who thought his game was comparable to doughty. He will be wanting 7 years at, at least 7 million. Hell, if carlsson just got 8, gardiner will want at least 7.5. The guy just strikes me as a me first type of guy. If you were to look at the possible points he will be getting bacause of the tavaris addition ..... we will probably dreaming of 8 himself and get it somewhere.

Back