• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

MB

ya ...is that all Toronto has....

it doesnt compare to the Price fooling around with the teenage daughter of a policeman rumours..LOL

was that in the mainstream media?

sounds like it originated from a dark web hockey site that Krusty and Sal like to frequent

I'm on the Preds board, I follow the Preds in their local media, nobody knew what the hell anyone was talking about with this PK trade nonsense, and seeing as those journalists are on the ball when it comes to preds rumors,(they caught the Johansen one, they caught the Girard turris one,) that says to me that this is nonsense.

Try again.

yeah, Poile is not all that great and has never won a cup despite being a GM for what 30 years but he isn't dumb enough to trade Subban

When things were going badly in Toronto it was "tabloidish" too.

Let's not kid ourselves big markets all go through this when the going gets rough....happens to the Cowboys, Patriots, Yankees, red sox, Leafs and of course Montreal.

Being a little naïve to think Montreal is the worse of the worse when it comes to negative media presence or "tabloid" like reporting during rough stretches

Exactly, Kessel was fat, Matthews will be a bald pig nose if he wants too much money etc

Is Romo still getting abused ? The PK trade is still being talked about .

27 has been abused for 3 years by the media , his coach , GM , radio hosts , and some bartender at Trois Brasseurs .

There is no way Stanton , Romo , etc.... put up with this shit 365 /24 / 7

Cry me a river for 27.....being abused is a bit harsh.

I don’t feel the least bit sorry for him, the guy came out of junior and went straight to the NHL, never rode a bus in the AHL, spends his off season in Miami, I don’t recall him once being a healthy scratch and will be a UFA at 27.

What abuse are you talking about? He had to play the wing instead of centre? Poor him

You guys need to stop making AG out as a some kind of martyr

Big markets are what they are and Montreal is no different than any other big market when it comes to bitching aout their team....some Torontonians would actually be insulted if you said the scrutiny of Montreal players by their media are more harsh than The Leaf players in Toronto

Last edited:
Really, didn't a radio host in Boston insult Tom Brady's daughter?

Didn't Toronto media spend about three weeks after the Leafs elimination spreading rumors that Mathews and Babcock "hate" each other?

Giancarlo Stanton who was the Yankees big off season prize was getting booed by his own home town crowd after a horrendous first week as a Yankee.

When Tony Romo was in his last couple of years in Dallas his perosnel life with Jessica Simpson made more headlines than the team

Please....don't make me believe Montreal is the worse of the worse

The Brady stuff was bullshit though. Brady does a reality show on youtube I believe and his daughter apparently looked like a self entitled bitchy princess on it. The host referred to something already public. Brady goes his panties in a knot.

Romo with Simpson was early in his career.

The Brady stuff was bullshit though. Brady does a reality show on youtube I believe and his daughter apparently looked like a self entitled bitchy princess on it. The host referred to something already public. Brady goes his panties in a knot.

Romo with Simpson was early in his career.

Point being when you play in a big market the scrutiny is what it is and its amplified when things are going badly.

Montreal is a big market for hockey and things are going badly, can’t make me believe it’s worse than any other big market

I'm on the Preds board, I follow the Preds in their local media, nobody knew what the hell anyone was talking about with this PK trade nonsense, and seeing as those journalists are on the ball when it comes to preds rumors,(they caught the Johansen one, they caught the Girard turris one,) that says to me that this is nonsense.

Try again.

Try what again? There is tons of Pk trade rumors and many are recent. Do a google search. Just like when he was in Montreal they are dissmissed by the Preds. I am not the one starting them... go tell them to try again hahah. God

I would have preferred to dump Bergevin at the end of the season. That being said IMHO his off-season has been solid so far.

Lefevbre and JJ out, Dominique Ducharme & Joël Bouchard in.

Galchenyuk for Domi is actually not a bad deal. 1 year younger, 1.75m cheaper. PPG are similar, Chucky wins on goal scoring, Domi wins on effort and intangibles.

Still holes to fill obviously. Max trade and free agency will paint a better picture.

I would have preferred to dump Bergevin at the end of the season. That being said IMHO his off-season has been solid so far.

Galchenyuk for Domi is actually not a bad deal. 1 year younger, 1.75m cheaper. PPG are similar, Chucky wins on goal scoring, Domi wins on effort and intangibles.

Still holes to fill obviously. Max trade and free agency will paint a better picture.

Wait till he finishes the job then can his ass

I dont care about those things unless it produces results.

Just so we are clear they do not produce at the same rate. Last year, last 2 years, last 3 years....all chuck all the time.

I also liked the start of the offseason until this trade but MB has been doing style over substance for a long time now.

Good god that Alzner signing should have got him fired.

if Intangibles don't lead to goal scored or goals prevented (which stats measure) how do they help you win?

There's no award for most harmonious locker room.

I dont care about those things unless it produces results.

Just so we are clear they do not produce at the same rate. Last year, last 2 years, last 3 years....all chuck all the time.

I also liked the start of the offseason until this trade but MB has been doing style over substance for a long time now.

Good god that Alzner signing should have got him fired.

They actually do produce at somewhat the same rate if you look at points.

But when you are starving for goals it’s hard to justify trading a goal scorer for a playmaker.

if Intangibles don't lead to goal scored or goals prevented (which stats measure) how do they help you win?

Some people are brainwashed by the press conferences, obviously.

was that in the mainstream media?

sounds like it originated from a dark web hockey site that Krusty and Sal like to frequent

I think it was a talk show host who suggested Price had a troublesome episode a few years back involving police and that the shit was going to hit the fan and his wife was close to leaving him.

reminds me of a conversation I had with a fellow fan over this trade

He said we are getting a stud, I said a stud who scored 9 goals? Um studs do not score only 9 goals in a season.

He said yeah if you only look at stats.

I'm like whatever

The worst (and dumbest) type of person is the one that formulates an opinion and refuses to research, comprehend, listen to or even have the ability to understand another idea or opinion.

Marc Bergiven is that type of person. He doesn't have the ability to move off the opinion he's already formulated in his head. It has led to 3 terrible blockbuster deals that have crippled this franchise (Drouin is still debateable).

Some people are brainwashed by the press conferences, obviously.

Go back and look and my posts pre-press conference smart guy.

And intangibles do matter. It's important to be difficult to play against. Domi has more sandpaper than Galchenyuk. And some of you post like Domi is a plug. He is a skilled player with speed to burn.

The worst (and dumbest) type of person is the one that formulates an opinion and refuses to research, comprehend, listen to or even have the ability to understand another idea or opinion.

Marc Bergiven is that type of person. He doesn't have the ability to move off the opinion he's already formulated in his head. It has led to 3 terrible blockbuster deals that have crippled this franchise (Drouin is still debateable).

This was not a blockbuster trade.

Pre trade: Chucky is an inconsistent bust. Defensive nightmare.

Post trade: Chucky is an irreplaceable prolific goal scorer.

Comical.

Back