• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Nov.26, Leafs v. Caps

Freddy will be fine.
Our management spent months scouting him and all other available goalies. He was the best. Hell, Lou even hid in the shadows to watch his practice last February at the ACC. How is Calgary doing choosing Elliott?
Trust our management. It's the best in the NHL.
One thing I do believe in, Freddy is a physical beast. Enough of the puny midgets we've been acquiring like Toskala and Bernier. Dude is huge and very athletic.

The young Leafs pretty much wiped the floor with the Caps.

Kadri's goal hammered the last nail in ... with an exclamation mark. Wow.

Freddy stood tall when called upon.

Freddy will be fine.
Our management spent months scouting him and all other available goalies. He was the best. Hell, Lou even hid in the shadows to watch his practice last February at the ACC. How is Calgary doing choosing Elliott?
Trust our management. It's the best in the NHL.
One thing I do believe in, Freddy is a physical beast. Enough of the puny midgets we've been acquiring like Toskala and Bernier. Dude is huge and very athletic.

i think most importantly he seems headstrong. how many times did we see reimer and bernier fall apart because of a rough few games... bernier was finished once the crowd started getting on him.

andersen literally cost them games over the first few games of the season and was getting boo'ed, but it never phased him.

they did their homeowrk on the guy. he isn't price (who is) but he's a good goalie. if he can be a horse and play 60+ games then he'll be just fine. i mean, LA has won 2 with quick...

as for the game, they were great. they really took it to Washington early, built up a lead and staved off the onslaught.

marner's a gem. that kid is just unbelievable. should have had another point on that feed to Sosh on the pp (gotta bury that).

and matthews.

we're spoiled. this is gonna be a fun bunch of years.

N9SewMh.gif

Putting four nice goals behind Holtby is no mean feat. And there were at least another four near goals. This team can generate offense.

Putting four nice goals behind Holtby is no mean feat. And there were at least another four near goals. This team can generate offense.

If Babs can get them dialed in a bit tighter defensively, or we make a decent add or two on the back end that helps him do the same...we might be 95+ point good rolling into the playoffs. Because yeah, the offence is starting to look more and more legit.

Marner ties Laine in rookie scoring. Two less games. He's really been phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie scoring in the month of November:

bX9aGk1.jpg

Looks like Mitch has an increasingly good chance of following up William Nylander's performance as the NHL's October rookie-of-the-month. With Laine having cooled off, his biggest threat is probably Zach Werenski. It's tough to vote against a rookie, teenaged defenseman that's playing last well, so to clinch it Mitch will probably need a strong finish to the month in our games against Edmonton and Calgary this week.

And then it'll be up to Auston Matthews' turn to make it a Leaf hat trick in December.

I can't believe we're in a situation where we'll say William Nylander is our 3rd best rookie this year. Think about that.

If Babs can get them dialed in a bit tighter defensively, or we make a decent add or two on the back end that helps him do the same...we might be 95+ point good rolling into the playoffs. Because yeah, the offence is starting to look more and more legit.

I think the back end need a boost from outside at this point. Just a competent bottom four guy who can provide some stability and ability to move the puck out of his own end.

That said, Babs can work wonders and may get this group to play sound defense yet. First quarter wasn't pretty but there's hope with a guy like Babcock. But he really has to let go of his Hunlak fetish.

i diagree, i think they need a legit top 4 guy who can log big, tough minutes.... either a big minute top pairing guy or a hjarmalsson type.

still not sold on rielly as a matchup guy (though he was tremendous last night against ovy).

i diagree, i think they need a legit top 4 guy who can log big, tough minutes.... either a big minute top pairing guy or a hjarmalsson type.

still not sold on rielly as a matchup guy (though he was tremendous last night against ovy).

I agree. It's a waiting game now as they have to see how their guys on the Marlies can play in the NHL.
The Leafs have the assets now to beat anyone's offer and address their needs if they did not want to wait that long.

Yeah, have my doubts about Rielly too but don't want to see them lock in long-term with a big salary or cough up valuable assets when we have the potential with Rielly and even the prospects. I like the top four and would prefer to see if they can rise to the challenge over the rest of the season.

Back