• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I'm still in disbelief how badly prepared he was. I'm not kidding when I say most of us could have done better. So many openings that he didn't recognize.

i'm not surprised.

the guy's biggest asset so far has been the seat of his pants. he tried to wing it.

re the democratic skew, they didn't account for 32% of the respondents... are those independents? real independents? or repubs who won't vote trump/won't admit they're voting trump?

i believe registered independents but that's a guess based on me hearing them say it was all only registered voters.

CNN debate-watching poll with an admitted +10pt democrat skew says she won 62-27.

not sure what that's worth.
I don't put much stock in those. Watch Fox come out with 50-50. She clearly was better but i still don't think she moves the needle a lot. Then again even 2 points is important in a tight race.

Last edited:
Despite Trump boasting about his temperament, it didn't seem like a strong trait -- he interrupted constantly, looked angry and had a slumped down posture the more the night went on.

Despite Trump boasting about his temperament, it didn't seem like a strong trait -- he interrupted constantly, looked angry and had a slumped down posture the more the night went on.

it was really bad - he was always looking at her, never at the camera, always interrupting, started talking faster and faster and faster.

but look at the camera, man. makes you look honest and not hanging on every word she says.

‏@tadfriend
Trump now says, in spin room, he didn't say that he was smart not to pay federal taxes--which 100 million people just saw him say.

‏@tadfriend
Trump now says, in spin room, he didn't say that he was smart not to pay federal taxes--which 100 million people just saw him say.
Well he didn't. He said it was smart business. Semantics.

I don't put much stock in those. Watch Fox come out with 50-50. She clearly was better but i still don't think she moves the needle a lot. Then again even 2 points is important in a tight race.

One key variable is those "low information" voters. Kind of dumb to not have picked a side by now but don't forget that there are a lot of people who don't follow politics that closely, until these last couple of months. Guaranteed this is the first time some people have heard that Mr. Businessman keeps filing for bankruptcy over and over, or refuses to release his tax returns. She did score a solid punch to the face on that topic.

Provided these folks were watching the second half, he got seriously incoherent. If they care at all about foreign policy, it should be frightening how little he (a) knows, or (b) cares, about these things.

this was weird

Howard Dean ‏@GovHowardDean 2h2 hours ago
Notice Trump sniffing all the time. Coke user?

Conway just said Trump was very prepared. Isn't there a commandment covering statements like that?

She is more prepared than him. She's actually answering questions. Untruthfully but whatever.

CtVMvamWAAAfbMo.jpg

One key variable is those "low information" voters. Kind of dumb to not have picked a side by now but don't forget that there are a lot of people who don't follow politics that closely, until these last couple of months. Guaranteed this is the first time some people have heard that Mr. Businessman keeps filing for bankruptcy over and over, or refuses to release his tax returns. She did score a solid punch to the face on that topic.

Provided these folks were watching the second half, he got seriously incoherent. If they care at all about foreign policy, it should be frightening how little he (a) knows, or (b) cares, about these things.
I think most of the undecideds are looking for a reason to vote Trump otherwise they'd already be in the Clinton camp. I also think he didn't give them a reason tonight.

Back