• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Spicey interviewed by Team Mueller today.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/17/sean-spicer-mueller-russia-probe-243882

President Donald Trump’s former press secretary Sean Spicer met with special counsel Robert Mueller's team on Monday for an interview that lasted much of the day, according to multiple people familiar with the meeting.

During his sitdown, Spicer was grilled about the firing of former FBI director James Comey and his statements regarding the firing, as well as about Trump’s meetings with Russians officials including one with Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in the Oval Office, one person familiar with the meeting said.

Mueller and gerrymandering lawsuits might produce the two most positive steps US politics has seen in decades.

Fwiw, Spicer has a reputation for taking a copious amount of notes after every meeting he's in. Apparently he has stack of notebooks.

Mueller is going to have an issue with Senator Grassley over uranium one. In the near future you will hear calls for Mueller to resign. Just wait for it.

Mueller is going to have an issue with Senator Grassley over uranium one. In the near future you will hear calls for Mueller to resign. Just wait for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't Mueller's involvement in this limited to him delivering a small sample of uranium to the FSB as part of a joint taskforce to catch a Russian who was trying to sell weapons grade uranium . Mueller delivered a sample of the product seized in Georgia (not the one with Atlanta in it) so the Russians could determine where in their supply it came from?

This is another case of wikileaks being a pretty clear front for Russian intelligence who are pretty clearly trying to lay smoke screens to keep their asset in place as POTUS. Find anything on Mueller to try to derail the investigation, regardless of it's veracity.

I'm trying to find more info but it has more to do with suppression if information about uranium one while he was FBI director. Grassley opened up an investigation last week. Also going after Rosenstein and McCabe.

I'm trying to find more info but it has more to do with suppression if information about uranium one while he was FBI director. Grassley opened up an investigation last week. Also going after Rosenstein and McCabe.

Tell Grassley to check infowars, Alex Jones appears to be the only guy making that connection. Even the (heavily edited to leave out key portions that exonerate Mueller completely) wikileaks emails don't appear to touch any of that.

Even the worst version of events I've come across regarding Uranium One suggests that the FBI uncovered a Russian bribery plot investigated it, and uncovered a bunch of stuff that was passed along. There are questions of whether it was passed along before or after the decision was made, but Mueller wasn't running the investigation himself.

Now, Clinton(s) might be dead to rights on this, but I haven't seen anything implicating Mueller. Only a half assed swipe by wikileaks claiming that Mueller delivered uranium to the FSB, without providing the extremely legitimate context in which it was delivered. I

To me it reads more like a potential conflict of interest situation...

http://thehill.com/policy/national-...sian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration

Yeah, I've read that piece. I think it's a fair question to ask when the investigation findings were passed along and if there were undue delays in passing them along. But I don't see where Mueller is remotely exposed here unless something comes out where he was involved in specifically delaying the investigation.

I see potential Clinton exposure here absolutely, but the FBI appears to have done what they're supposed to do. Thoroughly investigate and pass on their findings at the end of the investigation.

Except it appears Congress wasn't properly notified when it was passed on to the DOJ.

This is all in the really early stages of actual documented proof coming out so I'm going to take a wait and see attitude. It could very well be an attempt to discredit or there could be something there. Need more info to decide.

I have no problem throwing the book at democrats at all. But this can't be used as pretext smear Mueller if he's clean.
I agree.

This uranium one deal does stink to high heaven. People got bribed. I'd like them to properly investigate, especially in light of the fact the FBI already has evidence and they simply need to corroborate. That said, it shouldn't be used for smearing.

If they find complicity amongst government officials though, they need to go after them.

I think you're mistaking what Grassley is interested in here:

Lisa Desjardins @LisaDNews
GOP CHAIRMAN GRASSLEY: We want to know about the firing of James Comey, the American people have a right to know why he was fired.

Khamenei.ir
@khamenei_ir
I don't want to waste time on answering the rants and whoppers of the brute US president. It's a waste of time for anyone to answer him.

Jeremy Diamond
@JDiamond1
Sanders won't say if Trump told Sgt. Johnson's widow that he "knew what he signed up for." Simply says he was respectful

Rebecca Ballhaus @rebeccaballhaus
12m
Sanders on Trump call to widow of fallen soldier: "Just because POTUS said ‘your guy’ I don’t think that means POTUS doesn’t know his name."

Brian Stelter @brianstelter
9m
There's @SaraMurray with the key question: "Why did it take nearly 2 weeks for him to say something" about the Niger ambush?

Daniel Dale @ddale8
10m
Replying to @ddale8
Sanders now attacks Rep. Frederica Wilson as "disgusting" - though Wilson's account of the call was confirmed by Johnson's mom.

Rebecca Ballhaus @rebeccaballhaus
15m
Asked whether Kelly gave Trump his permission to invoke death of his son, Sanders says Kelly + Trump spoke "multiple times” in last 48 hrs.

Benjy Sarlin @BenjySarlin
18m
WH has now put forward John Kelly as evidence Obama didn't call Gold Star families and as validator for Trump contradicting Gold Star mother

Daniel Dale @ddale8
10m
S. Sanders recap:
- Trump doesn't have tape
- Calling widow was "act of kindness"
- The media is a "disgrace"
- Rep. Wilson is "disgusting"

really good read....

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...tics-tear-down-what-they-cant-replace/543069/

The Populist Right Tears Down a Press It Can't Replace
Critics of the mainstream media were quick to charge that Harvey Weinstein’s misdeeds were an open secret, yet none of them were able to expose it.

Last week, the New York Times and The New Yorker published multiple allegations of abhorrent sexual misconduct against the movie producer Harvey Weinstein, drawing on years of costly investigative reporting; risking legal retaliation that could cost millions to litigate; and forcing its subject from his powerful perch in Hollywood, where his ability to lure aspiring film starts into hotel rooms is all but gone.

The episode was a credit to the reporters, editors, and publishers who broke the story; an example of why it is vital to support an independent press that probes wrongdoing; and a spur to examine all the factors that delayed the truth outing for so long, including apparent failures by some journalists and news-gathering organizations.

Still, it was surreal to see pundits employed by populist news organizations that didn’t break the story characterizing it as a dark moment for the liberal mainstream media.

Take Sean Hannity, who works at the Fox News, which didn’t break the story, and beneath Rupert Murdoch, who owns all sorts of media properties that didn’t break the story. “Everybody in Hollywood knew. This wasn't a secret,” Hannity declared. “Everybody knew apparently in the news media too, and everybody in the political world.”

Did Brit Hume know? Did Bret Baier? Did Chris Wallace?

His guest, RNC spokesperson Kayleigh McEnany, called out NBC, which employed Ronan Farrow before he took his reporting to The New Yorker. “I just have to say Sean, this is sick,” she said. “This is the media elite covering for the Hollywood elite.” But she wouldn’t know the story save for liberal media elites in L.A. and New York City!

Nevertheless, the segment ended with this surreal exchange:

Hannity: Journalism is dead, Kayleigh, I've been telling people forever. Is this now the final nail in the coffin?

McEnany: It should be!

Last edited:
Frank Thorp V @frankthorp
2m
Graham to @kasie on Trump’s call to the soldier’s widow: “If there’s any doubt the president said something inappropriate, call up and say I didn’t mean it.”

Manu Raju @mkraju
38s
Reporter: Is the Trump administration being up front about what happened in Niger?

"No," McCain said, per @KilloughCNN

Back