• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Jacqueline Alemany @JaxAlemany
Just spoke w white nationalist group spox who says FL shooter was affiliated with group & attended "paramilitary training" in Clearwater. Claims they didnt direct shooting but says theyre violent - "if people attack us we will defend ourselves & will do it in worst possible way"

too bad law enforcement isn't allowed to investigate these groups.

Re: OT: Canadian Politics

CityNews Toronto @CityNews
#BREAKING: Patrick #Brown claims he didn't resign and is still PC Party Leader: Sources #ONpoli ow.ly/qUCv30iqC18
He's also announced that he's suing CTV for reporting the allegations against him in the first place.

This follows him also demanding earlier this week that his accusers face him in court.

This guy is totally out of touch with reality.

CityNews Toronto @CityNews
#BREAKING: Patrick #Brown claims he didn't resign and is still PC Party Leader: Sources #ONpoli ow.ly/qUCv30iqC18

According to Patrick Brown he didn't authorize that statement and is concentrating on clearing his name.

He's also announced that he's suing CTV for reporting the allegations against him in the first place.

This follows him also demanding earlier this week that his accusers face him in court.

IF, and that is IF he is innocent, why wouldn't he want his day in court?

Isn't he suing CTV because they admitted they got facts wrong re the report?

At this point, what does he have to lose, the report ruined his political career.

Isn't he suing CTV because they admitted they got facts wrong re the report?

At this point, what does he have to lose, the report ruined his political career.

Ya they've admitted to getting some pretty significant facts wrong, including that one of the girls was underage (it appears she was actually 19+) in a story that completely ruined this guy. He's got every right to sue them.

The Associated Press @AP
47s
BREAKING: Senate rejects bipartisan proposal to provide 1.8 million Dreamers a chance for citizenship, $25 billion for border.

Ed O'Keefe @edatpost
JUST IN: In a sharp rebuke, Senate rejects Trump-backed GOP immigration reform plan 39 to 60.

Frank Thorp V
@frankthorp
Amendment based on Pres Trump's immig framework FAILS in the Senate (each need 60):
1- (FAILS 52-47) McCain-Coons (Just #DACA + Border)
2- (FAILS 54-45) Toomey (penalized sanctuary cities)
3- (FAILS 54-45) Rounds-King (bipartisan bill)
4-(FAILS 39-60) Grassley (Trump's framework)

I'm still numb. The conversation needs to start immediately. Just so ****ed up. The sound. The smell in the air. Warm humid breeze with a strange odor. Can't get it out of my head.

Get help man. Good professional crisis counselling.

IF, and that is IF he is innocent, why wouldn't he want his day in court?
Oh, he's fully within his rights to defend himself, particularly if CTV did get any of the basic facts of the story wrong.

But if he thinks he can fight that battle, while also hanging on to the PC leadership throughout and winning an election in a couple of months...he's out of his mind.

Seems weird to wait a few weeks, when they're having a leadership debate, to suddenly decide that he didn't actually resign. Fully understand his chance to clear his name, but I think the leadership cat is out of the bag.

I'm still numb. The conversation needs to start immediately. Just so ****ed up. The sound. The smell in the air. Warm humid breeze with a strange odor. Can't get it out of my head.

Terribly sorry you and you family has to go through this.

You should probably call a professional to help you all through it.

Seems weird to wait a few weeks, when they're having a leadership debate, to suddenly decide that he didn't actually resign. Fully understand his chance to clear his name, but I think the leadership cat is out of the bag.
Yeah, there's that too.

The time for Brown to play the "I didn't actually resign the leadership" card has long since come and gone.

Oh, he's fully within his rights to defend himself, particularly if CTV did get any of the basic facts of the story wrong.

But if he thinks he can fight that battle, while also hanging on to the PC leadership throughout and winning an election in a couple of months...he's out of his mind.

Now that is true.

His political career is done. All he can hope for is $$ as compensationi

sorry to know this tragedy touches you and your family habsy. really glad everyone is okay physically.

hope you and your family have the supports in place to help deal with this and move forward. cannot imagine what it would have been like on the ground.

Back