• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Finished the Defenders and it's alright. It gets better after the brutal episode 1 but overall the fighting sequences SUCK in this series, way worse than Daredevil. It also sucks that the 4 superheroes don't really fight like a team or fight to their strengths ... there's also zero consistency. In the same episode the 4 riff-raffs' under the Hand can single-handedly take out the 4 defenders, and then later in the episode the defenders kick their ass ... like WTH? And I absolutely can't stand Iron fist, DD and Luke Cage are very meh as well. Only reason i finished the series is Jessica Jones ... she's both funny and interesting character to follow.

Since Disney is pulling out from Netflix I think that's the last of any Marvel series we'll see ... and if this is what Marvel series are turning into maybe that's a good thing.

It was really good. Not just a film going for scares, it's a very well made movie. I loved the young cast.
I didn't know most of it was filmed in Oshawa and Port Hope.

No kidding, the house was built in Oshawa, and the gnarled tree was plucked from a nearby neighbors house. The covered bridge and quarry scenes are all from Elore/West Montrose area.

Pretty great flick, and made for what, 35 mill?

I saw the film "I, Tonya" at TIFF tonight. Great film. It's my fav of the year. Not sure when it's coming out. It's about Tonya Harding. It's really funny and entertaining. Margot Robbie is pretty good as Harding. Allison Janney is fantastic as her mother. The guy who players the fat idiotic bodyguard was really funny.

Last edited:
Saw Hitman's Bodyguard last night. It was pretty entertaining. If you're looking for a good action flick that you don't have to think too much about with some good chuckles... it's right up your alley.

After the disappointment of Iron Fist and The Defenders.... Punisher looks to get the franchise back on track. This looks quite good.
[video=youtube;lIY6zFL95hE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIY6zFL95hE[/video]

I mentioned two shows earlier which were good after 2-3 episodes-The Sinner and The Murder of Laci Peterson. both I finished and both are excellent.
Scott Peterson is innocent BTW. He needs a new trial. No one should get the death penalty with no evidence.
The Sinner was so good, it set the finale up for a disappointment. Not the greatest, but overall an excellent series to watch that keeps you guessing.

Kingsmen: Golden Circle

7/10

Not a cinematic masterpiece by any means, but an enjoyable few hours of entertainment.

The church scene in the first Kingsman movie left my son and I speechless at how well done and violent an action sequence can be. I liked it better than the kill bill sequence with the masked henchmen.

The Church scene is brilliant. There are some good scenes in this one, but none matches the level of that scene.

Kingsmen: Golden Circle

7/10

Not a cinematic masterpiece by any means, but an enjoyable few hours of entertainment.

I give it 8/10... it's not a cinematic masterpiece but it doesn't even want to be one. It's pure entertainment. Just like the first one.

Watched an episode of the new Ducktales with my little cousins the other day. Loved it for a cartoon. Brings me back to when i was a kid. Its been getting great reviews across the board.

Would recommend to anyone with kids(or without).

Back