• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

JimBowden_ESPN:

Royals&Blue Jays all "in" on Cueto willing to move top prospect for rental, realizing value much higher than Kazmir..both need Game 1 P

At that price, it sure would have been nice to add Kazmir. Nottingham is a nice, low minors power stick prospect, but Mengden is meh...a fair step down from even a guy like Boyd.

Yeah, I don't really get this trade for Oakland at all. Of course Beane probably has a hard-on for one or both of those guys, and just because they're not highly-ranked on prospect lists doesn't necessarily mean they don't have a bright future. Still, this is the first domino to fall and the price was quite a bit lower than expected, which is hopefully good news for us.

Buster_ESPN:

OAK price for Toronto for Kazmir was something built around one of the Jays' best pitching prospects -- too steep for Jays in a buyers' market.

Billy boy must be trying to get back at AA for the JD trade

Dickey is having another good outing and so far he is getting a bit of run support. 5-2 Jays after 6 innings

He's been decent for a while, too bad you just never know.

I've been hearing people say this every time he's had a decent start or two....

3.77 FIP in July with an unsustainable HR/FB for him. Still only striking out 15.6% of batters he faces (way below average). So yeah, he's been not shit recently, but due to home run suppression that I don't think is sustainable.

4.30 xFIP in July is decent in my books. No, he's not performing like a #1 starter, but in July he did good enough to give us a chance to win the games he's started, as opposed to earlier in the year when he could barely make it 4 innings most games.

jonmorosi

#BlueJays remain in active discussions with #WhiteSox about Jeff Samardzija. @FOXSports

jaysonst

#Padres listening on at least half their staff. But they “really want to move” both James Shields and Andrew Cashner, other teams say

Last edited:
R.A. Dickey has given up 3 earned runs or less, in 9 of his last 10 games.

A 4.03 FIP over those 10 starts on 6.8% HR/FB (his overall Jays numbers are just a shade under double that) isn't a cause for celebration. 6.2 K.9, 3.3 BB/9.

He's been able to suppress the home run ball recently, which is really the major difference between the numbers over his previous 10 starts and the rest of his season. I don't think he finally figured out how to suppress home runs.

A 4.03 FIP over those 10 starts on 6.8% HR/FB (his overall Jays numbers are just a shade under double that) isn't a cause for celebration. 6.2 K.9, 3.3 BB/9.

He's been able to suppress the home run ball recently, which is really the major difference between the numbers over his previous 10 starts and the rest of his season. I don't think he finally figured out how to suppress home runs.

I don't think anyone is saying he's figured anything out or that it's sustainable. He's been serviceable lately and compared to how he's pitched earlier and with how good this offense is that's all you can ask of him.

Back