• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Ken_Rosenthal

Source: #Royals getting Cueto.

JeffPassan

Sources: Brandon Finnegan's name has been in talks with Reds. Unclear if he's in final deal, which @Ken_Rosenthal says is done.

Last edited:
So a Royals team with a good bullpen, now an ace, plus an offence that can grind out every game, and WS experience = Jays are essentially playing catch up big time.

Yet another reason why just making one trade for a pitcher is simply a waste of assets.

Sell or go all in.

Please explain. Do you think this team, THIS year can win the WS with one additional starter?

I'm actually irked i need to explain why selling is stupid, but alas...

The notion that the Royals getting Cueto should scare us into frantic buying or selling is absurd enough on it's own. Sure, KC is heads and tails the best team in the AL with him, but are they a fearsome juggernaut locks to win everyy playogg series regardless the competition. Of ****ing course not.

Second, you suggest trading Beuhrle and Dickey to acquire the talent needed to load up next year.

Dickey has the trade value of a signed baseball, will net nothing.

And while Beuhrle would appeal to some teams ( still owed like 8M this year) he would need to approve any trade.

The Kazmir deal netted 2 medium prospects. Knowing Kaz, is cheaper and better than Beuhrle, without a NT, what on planet earth would suggest to you that MB would fetch anything remotely good enough to tank this season. In a buyers' pitchers market no less?

Complete nonsense.

Not about winning the world series, its about getting to the playoffs; once you're in anything can happen.
Nah. To me, it's about winning.

Here is the thing, if AA survives this year, I don't want him to have any excuses not to field a WS calibre team again. He'll have to make up for the loss of MB, possibly replace Hutch, bullpen help, possibly left field, etc etc. LOTS OF WORK which requires lots of prospects/players.

With MB here this is a great chance of getting a good haul and making it easier next summer to make moves.

5.5 back with hoping for "anything" to happen is not wise. Fact is that any ting doest just happen. This staff isn't good enough.

I'm actually irked i need to explain why selling is stupid, but alas...

The notion that the Royals getting Cueto should scare us into frantic buying or selling is absurd enough on it's own. Sure, KC is heads and tails the best team in the AL with him, but are they a fearsome juggernaut locks to win everyy playogg series regardless the competition. Of ****ing course not.

Second, you suggest trading Beuhrle and Dickey to acquire the talent needed to load up next year.

Dickey has the trade value of a signed baseball, will net nothing.

And while Beuhrle would appeal to some teams ( still owed like 8M this year) he would need to approve any trade.

The Kazmir deal netted 2 medium prospects. Knowing Kaz, is cheaper and better than Beuhrle, without a NT, what on planet earth would suggest to you that MB would fetch anything remotely good enough to tank this season. In a buyers' pitchers market no less?

Complete nonsense.
I'm not doing this because of KC. I said this last week.

I also think MB would have no problem going to a contender and I think he'll get top notch return.

Also, i get pissed off when a big name gets dealt to a non Jay team, and AA defenders like Dividi come out and say . " Oh well the Reds asked for Stroman +".

I call horseshit on that. If AA tabled Stroman on his own then Jocketty would snap call that shit and not even bother returning other GM's phone calls.

I think Dividi and co come up with this Stroman ask shit so that fans dont blame AA for not getting him, as the average fan can say to himself, yeah, that was too much.

When this return comes out there will be nothing even close to Stroman in it.

yea i don't buy Stroman was the asking price but i don't doubt that it would've cost something we wouldn't want to move.

I'm really hoping we get 2 pitchers. Get me Hamels + Papelbon + cash. Stud pitching that has a bit of term left. With Dickey and Buerhle UFA the money can be alloted to Hamels + Papelbon. Hopefully we make some noise and can sign 1 more pitcher in the offseason like a Samardzija but maybe cheaper.

Hamels
Stroman
XXXX
Hutchison
Sanchez/Norris/Hoffman(Whoever didn't get traded)

Phillies owe us for the Halladay trade where we got sweet nothing for him.

There could be some brilliance in being the last team to act for SP....at least im hoping

Royals and Astros got their guys. Dodgers, Yanks, Jays, Giants and Rangers are the teams left fighting for SP, with all those teams minus the Jays in the Hamels derby.

There are Sheilds, Ross, Kennedy, Cashner, Latos, Haren, Price, Leake, Gallardo, Iwakuma, Fiers, Niese, and Carrasco (maybe) that are still out there.

Those rentals in that bunch could get a bit cheaper if the amount of destinations continues to shrink, and same with the suitors in on the controlled gems ( Ross, please Ross)

Cueto deal is not official yet

Reds manager says nothing done yet.

Jake Lamb and Brandon Finnegan rumored names ( vs Stroman from Jays? **** off internet)

Back