• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing 2017-18 Season

It's official now. "Jets ink Ehlers to seven-year, $42M extension".

It would be great to get Nylander done. But as one of you guys mentioned earlier in the thread, the family is already well of so he may want to take a chance on himself and score real big next year.

I'm not upset, bro. Having some fun too.

Let's have some more fun ...

Hey LeafGM, how are your efforts going to become LeafGM? I remember you saying that was your goal many years ago.

LGM is next after Lou! :smilewinkgrin:
Was just playing around, LGM.

Marincin on waivers.

I think they were trying their best to trade him, but no dice.

I guess rosen is on his way back up.

CapFriendly @CapFriendly
If #Leafs Marincin clears waivers and is sent to the AHL, the #Leafs will benefit from $1.025M in cap relief, reducing his cap hit to $225k

I'm a little surprised.

I would've thought they'd want Marincin to be their warm body in the press box, and for Rosen to get playing time.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone takes a flier on Marincin.

then again they could have just let polak play himself into shape on the marlies.

They already said Polak won't be a Leaf this year, and will just rehab with the team.

Clearly they tried to trade Marincin. Crazy that no team would even give up a 7th for him?

If Rosen is coming back up, I'm kinda expecting Carrick to sit.

Eh, I think they might sign Polak. He wouldn't be here if there was no chance. It would be a waste of time.

Borgman-Polak would be a a beastly bottom pairing. Not sure if they'd be good or not but they'd be absolute beasts.

There's a bunch of nerdllington heads exploding over Marincin being waived. Corsi is such a bogus stat.

I suspect they'll end up rotating Carrick and Rosen. If Babs healthy scratches a guy in the past, he's likely to do so in the future.

I suspect that even advanced stats folks, for the most part, have come around on Marincin. It's not like anyone can complain that Babcock didn't give him every opportunity during his time in Toronto. It'd also be hard to argue that he hasn't been legitimately surpassed by Borgman, Rosen & Dermott at this point.

He's sort of reminiscent of Aki Berg. A whole bunch of physical tools that could make him a very effective NHL defenseman, but there's a fundamental problem between his ears that just might not be fixable by coaching.

Hopefully there's someone out there that still think he's worth a shot, though. The Marlies don't really have room for him, and it'd be nice to clear that contract off our books.

advanced stats crowd is finally starting to acknowledge quality of competition and shot quality.

Marincin with the leafs has had below average qualcomp, and pretty much dead even xgf% and xgf rel.

the advanced stats don't see anything special about him. just that he's a serviceable bottom pairing guy.

Back