• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Offseason Thread - 2016

Not just the best chance of winning, but he'd get to play with Crosby or Malkin. That seems like the most logical place to sign.

They are $3 mill over the cap though. Dupuis will go on LTIR, but its tight.

I read they will likely make the decision today.

Between Penguins and Hawks (team fits with regards to winning and playing with good players) and Boston, NJ, NY, etc (personal fit, being close to home), I don't really see where the Leafs and their logjam of prospects fit into this equation. I'd be utterly shocked if he signed with them. Shanahan would deserve an enormous collective blowjob from all of us for his salesmanship.

Looking like he'll be picking between the Hawks and Rangers according to the NYI beat guy that's actually semi reliable. He's no Haggerty or Jim Murphy.

I can see the appeal of living in New York, but not of playing for the New York Rangers at this moment in time. The only thing holding that team back from being among the league's worst teams is their goaltending. And even with King Henrik at his best, that team is nowhere near good enough to win anything of consequence.

I can see NYR and CHI as forerunners, but I just doubt anybody reporting any 'insider information' at this point ... whatever teams Vesey's camp has short-listed between Wed and now, I highly doubt they'd let anyone else know until they have their final decision.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzje
BREAKING: Jimmy Vesey commits to the McGill Redmen of the CIS, opts for 4 more years of eduction

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzje
BREAKING: Jimmy Vesey commits to the McGill Redmen of the CIS, opts for 4 more years of eduction

1j70CTR.gif

Yeah, I know...but I'm so tired of Vesey, I'm treating him with nothing but apathy. So I'm just throwing in the care towel.

Vesey's honestly not that good. It's irritating every year hearing about some hyped NCAA product who ends up out of the league two years later or playing on some team's third-line or bottom-defence pairing.

Has the hype around Vesey really been that bad?

The amount of attention he's been getting probably just seems bigger than it really is, since there's literally nothing else going on in the hockey world right now.

Yeah it's just a bunch of teams attempting to acquire a 23 year old NHL ready likely 2nd/3rd liner for free. I've seen people say stupid shit like "LOL why are teams trying so hard to get him?!?! He's not that good!!" Are they only supposed to try a little bit? Retarded logic.

As for social media, I think most people acknowledge that this isn't some superstar. If anything, he's kind of being underrated at this point from the hipsters that are angry about the attention he's getting (even though it's August and there's literally nothing else going on in hockey). I've seen people compare the guy to Josh Leivo and Leipsic for ****s sake.

Last edited:
Vesey's honestly not that good. It's irritating every year hearing about some hyped NCAA product who ends up out of the league two years later or playing on some team's third-line or bottom-defence pairing.

That's bs. He keeps getting compared to the undrafted ufas but he isn't one of those.

Saying he is not good or won't amount to much is silly. What ever team signs him will be a better team for it. He's a solid hockey player and ready to jump in.

Because it fits the skeptics narrative. "If Schultz turned out to be a disappointment, that means every prospect with a high pedigree coming from NCAA will be a disappointment."

Back