• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

I think some of these mid tier guys like Deandre are goung to be in for a rude awakening and have to choose dollars with junk teams or less as a tjird wheel with nets\lakers. Seems like teams like Knicks arent gonna bedumb either

I don't know man. There's so much open cap room this free agent period. Some mediocre players like Harrison Barnes, are getting paid again. There's some biggish market clubs with money too, so even if the Knicks show uncharacteristic restraint:

-Dallas will have like 30 million in room after locking in Kristaps
-Atlanta will have ~50 million in cap
-Phoenix have enough money to do something stupid
-What does Philly do if Buckets and Harris (even just one) get lured somewhere else? I can guarantee they don't stand pat, regardless of what's in the market
-Chicago is a dumb organization sitting on a combination of cap, and easily moveable contract to free up more cap.
-Orlando is likely to lose their best player in free agency....what idiocy do they attempt to try to get back into the playoffs if Vuc leaves?
-Balmer might light himself on fire if they don't land Kawhi, which looks less and less likely all the time. If their stalking victim gets away, do they stand on this or does Patrick Beverly get 22 million to come back? 60 million in cap space just sitting there right now.

Oh, prepare for lunacy.

- Drake apparently put money on the Raptors to beat the Warriors and won 300K

Drizzy obvs reads forumice and followed uncus' (and mine) lead on the bet. BTW, I already rolled over part of the winnings towards Raps winning it again next year.

Also, I appreciate these F5 updates.

Kawhi in 2011. "my favorite player is Carmelo Anthony"

He should have said "Jordan"

Kawhi in 2011. "my favorite player is Carmelo Anthony"

He should have said "Jordan"

Should he have? I mean, I get why a physical kid with no jump shot who played a lot of mid post would have liked Melo in 2011. Jordan was long, long gone by then. Shit, if you scrub Wizards Jordan from your memory, Kawhi was like, 6, when Jordan left the Bulls for good.

Drizzy obvs reads forumice and followed uncus' (and mine) lead on the bet. BTW, I already rolled over part of the winnings towards Raps winning it again next year.

Probably not a bad bet tbh...and the odds you get now will be way better than the odds you would get after Kawhi signs.

Also, I appreciate these F5 updates.

De nada. F5 season is an awesome time of year for NBA fans, it's pretty easy for me to write up a quick recap of R/NBA for y'all.

Probably not a bad bet tbh...and the odds you get now will be way better than the odds you would get after Kawhi signs.

De nada. F5 season is an awesome time of year for NBA fans, it's pretty easy for me to write up a quick recap of R/NBA for y'all.

Best man for the gig combining truth, wit and relevance

Anyone want pics of shirtless sleeping Deckie

521.gif

Quick Pascal fact from this season. As a defender, his check shot lower than any other primary defender in the league. Pascal's check shot 39.4% this season

Masai finishes fourth in voting???

Voting was done at the end of the regular season. The consensus at the time was probably that the Raptors maybe get to the ECF and that the Kawhi maneuvre was a necessary move, but a failure all the same with Kawhi likely to leave for the Clippers and the Raptors blowing it up to rebuild.

Nurse should have beaten Bud for CoY as well, but whatever.

No, but to the guy who deserves it.

You just said people expected us to flame out at some point. If they knew his crazy risky acquisition took us to the top, they’d have to give it to him.

If GS won, I don’t think there’s anything to warrant a management award since it was the same team from the prior year.

Gotta award it based on the body of work.

Back