• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Just an insane show. Props to Joc for nearly beating him - he yanked like 4 or 5 just foul too.

Acuna launching 460+ to CF, and putting a ton Oppo was also so fun. Alonso hit a few to the other side too - he's basically a mini-Judge.

But Vlad, man. That's a night that will be remembered for the ages. Geez, to have back to back rounds of your life, then have to go 3 ties deep, wow. You could see he was out of gas for the last round, but he still got 22 out. And was still crushing it.

Joc was helped out by the right field lower fence a couple times. Vlad was the real show last night.

Only problem is, Vladdy's situation is the equivalent of Kawhi landing on a Raptors team run by Rob Babcock.

Incredible moment in last nights Angels/Mariners game. Angels combined for a no hitter on a night where they honored Tyler Skaggs. Gave me goosebumps, powerful stuff

Incredible moment in last nights Angels/Mariners game. Angels combined for a no hitter on a night where they honored Tyler Skaggs. Gave me goosebumps, powerful stuff
I don't believe in numerology, but some other cool stuff I saw:
Trout hr: 454 feet (Skaggs' #45 forward and backward)
Team 7 runs in 1st inning/13 in game echoes Skaggs b-day of 7-13

But yeah, powerful stuff.

One SP likely off the trade market now:

JeffPassan

Zack Wheeler is headed to the injured list with shoulder fatigue, which more or less destroys his trade value.

He had interest far and wide across the league. Perhaps a team still takes a crack in hopes he returns, but the Mets' desire to cash in at the deadline has evaporated.

If we don t get a legit stud prospect (I.e. one that can legit be projected to be as good or better than stroman within at most the next 3yrs) then yeah I don't see any point in trading him.

If we don t get a legit stud prospect (I.e. one that can legit be projected to be as good or better than stroman within at most the next 3yrs) then yeah I don't see any point in trading him.

We need pitching in the worst way. I don't see why they're looking to move him. I get that players of his size historically don't age well but this is a new generation of athlete. This guy clearly has a great work ethic. He loves playing in Toronto. I have a feeling well be looking for another Stroman level #3-4 pitcher in a couple of years anyway.

These trades for prospects is voodoo. So many don't work out. Still burns me we got a big fat nothing for Doc Halladay.

I'd love to get Deivi Garcia from the Yanks, he's 5'9 with big upside so it'd be like trading Stro for a younger version with the same height issues. I doubt the Yanks move him though.

Astros seem willing to trade Kyle Tucker, but Matt Boyd from Detroit looks like the perfect match there.

why are we trading stroman anyway?
You either need to sign him or trade him. If we can get him with a "hometown discount" I'd love to keep him around. But if not, you need to get something. It might bust like the Halladay deal, but maybe they break out as a stud.

I was thinking about this, it's really hard to set a value for him. Especially if you don't think he'll age well. I'm fine with trading him but I do agree it has to be a good return.

Back