• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Sometimes I feel like Roger's is actively trying to punish us for something, like some sort of a social experiment. It would go along with their other businesses (cell/cable).

giphy.gif

I would argue these bean counting losers knew exactly what they were doing. The holiday gets gate regardless all the other dogshit days need Vlad

What a piece of shit ......
These two guys should be called stupid is, and stupid does.
Throwing the manager under the bus ....

Over the last 2 weeks, this is Vlad's line:

43 PA/ 4HR (59 hr pace) / 9RBI (133 pace) / 11.1 BB% / 8.9 K% / .281 BABIP (so not luck fueled) / .325 BA / .400 OBP / 1.050 OPS / 178 wRC+

-44.4% of his contact is classified as "hard", but this is without excessive pulling of the ball. Only 30.6% of his balls in play are pulled. He's gone oppo also 30.6%.
- He's beating the piss out of fastballs, sliders, and change ups which makes sense given his horizontal plate coverage (he definitely gets that from his old man). Struggled against curveballs (more north/south tilt)
- Only 7.1% swinging strike rate. When he swings, he makes contact and it's hard. He swings at 31% of the pitches outside of the zone (which is kind of a lot), but makes contact (and again...****ing hard contact) on 81% of those pitches he swings at. A true Guerrero.

Small sample (for instance, one of those HR's didn't leave the park on it's own) and all, but there's no reason to not expect him to be an elite stick already right now (BB and K rates are not a fluke, neither is the type of contact he's regularly making). Also makes it even more hilarious that he wasn't brought up last year. Kid has been a MLB ready stick for at least a full year now.

Over the last 2 weeks, this is Vlad's line:

43 PA/ 4HR (59 hr pace) / 9RBI (133 pace) / 11.1 BB% / 8.9 K% / .281 BABIP (so not luck fueled) / .325 BA / .400 OBP / 1.050 OPS / 178 wRC+

-44.4% of his contact is classified as "hard", but this is without excessive pulling of the ball. Only 30.6% of his balls in play are pulled. He's gone oppo also 30.6%.
- He's beating the piss out of fastballs, sliders, and change ups which makes sense given his horizontal plate coverage (he definitely gets that from his old man). Struggled against curveballs (more north/south tilt)
- Only 7.1% swinging strike rate. When he swings, he makes contact and it's hard. He swings at 31% of the pitches outside of the zone (which is kind of a lot), but makes contact (and again...****ing hard contact) on 81% of those pitches he swings at. A true Guerrero.

Small sample (for instance, one of those HR's didn't leave the park on it's own) and all, but there's no reason to not expect him to be an elite stick already right now (BB and K rates are not a fluke, neither is the type of contact he's regularly making). Also makes it even more hilarious that he wasn't brought up last year. Kid has been a MLB ready stick for at least a full year now.

I have watched nearly every single one of his at bats. He pretty much gets robbed of one hit per game. I also find that it that he gets punished for having a great eye at the plate. He know's the strike-zone better than the umpire. The umps haven't given him much in terms of borderline calls.

Last edited:
I have watched nearly every single on of his at bats. He pretty much gets robbed of one hit per game. I also find that it that he gets punished for having a great eye at the plate. He know's the strike-zone better than the umpire. The umps haven't given him much in terms of borderline calls.
That will change.

The fact has doing this well while basically getting pitched around and having the umps call balls off the plate strikes.... if he stays healthy, he will be spectacular. The best talent we've ever seen in Toronto, including Delgado.

Back