• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

I love you man....but what the hell is with the a venn diagram of Habs fans & cringey nicknames being a perfect circle?

Rumours about Don Cherry being let go by HNIC.
Wouldn’t surprise me. Rogers’ broadcast division has already had the axe out for other high priced “talent”, like Bob McCown and Doug MacLean. It’s also well past time for Cherry to go, anyway.

He’s not exactly in touch with today’s game, and at 85, this year more than ever he was often completely incoherent. He also can’t get through Coach’s Corner without MacLean gently guiding him through all his segments.

I remember the smirks, "as in take that TSN", on guys like Kypreos and co's faces when Rogers signed the hockey deal. Now they are being let go one by one because of it.

Damage done.

Funny how the people running the CBC and SN kept giving that platform to an unhinged, rightwing blowhard for so many years. A testament to their contempt for human intelligence.

If Cherry paid for himself with the 2min ads they run before his segment, Rogers would keep him.

The Hurricanes waited as long as possible to do it, but they’ve now officially matched Montreal’s offer sheet.

Will be interesting to see if Bergevin tries again with any other RFA’s now that he’s free to do so.

Back