• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

What one year? He’s an RFA. They’ll sign him imminently to a long deal.
All I'm saying is that Trouba has one more year to go before he could become a UFA.

So, since the Rangers reportedly weren't allowed to negotiate with Trouba, all they've acquired for sure is one year of Trouba's rights. If he wanted to go somewhere else or explore the UFA market, he could just file for salary arbitration, take another one-year deal and then walk off. So in theory, that should lower Trouba's value somewhat, but not enough that this is enough of a return. Especially for a team that considers itself a contender.

I also don't know why they wouldn't have the Rangers attach a conditional draft pick to this deal, since I agree with you that the Rangers will probably be able to re-sign him long-term.

Yeah, a guy who only wanted to go to a U.S team won't sign in New York? Very doubtful. If they pay they've got him 100%

My question for the Canadian hockey media is now going to be....will they question the Jets blueline as much as they question a much better Leafs blueline?

Because:

Morrissey-Buff
Kulikov-Niku
Beaulieu-Ponk

is ****ing gruesome. They're probably going to panic sign Tyler Myers now, and he's also shit.

Dallas Eakins is the new head coach of the Anaheim Ducks.

Which is a nice way of saying that they'll be better than they were under Randy, but will still suck cock.

Man that's a great trade by new York. Got him for less than the leafs got muzzin for. Granted, the leafs got an extra playoff run out of muzz, but still.

Man that's a great trade by new York. Got him for less than the leafs got muzzin for. Granted, the leafs got an extra playoff run out of muzz, but still.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing yesterday.

I'd take the package the Leafs gave up for Muzzin over the package Winnipeg got for Trouba any day. Don't know what the hell the Jets were thinking.

ME's right as well---that's a pretty grim looking defense Winnipeg's got now. Especially when you factor in Big Buff's inevitable time missed to injury.

Bet you dubas offered more for him but the jets didn't want him in Toronto.

Now that I’ve heard the medical school residency explanation, I don’t think he would’ve wanted to be in Canada. She couldn’t work here and that seems really important to him.

Pedophile says trouba's list was only one or two teams long. Chevy was basically boxed into a corner and had to give him away for pennies on the dollar.

Not that he had a ntc, but he was obviously worth more to the teams that would be able to sign him long-term.

Back