• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

**Leafs trade Josh Leivo to Canucks for Michael Carcone**

There is your move

Hope he does well there and gets a good opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F babcock, man.

can carcone skate? he's got some offensive upside if he can.

I have to say, this is a disappointing move.

It looks like instead of losing Leivo for nothing on the waiver wire, Dubas opted to trade him for a 22 year-old AHL winger that I guess will give the Marlies some depth. But in no way does he appear to be an NHL prospect.

Would have preferred trading Brown, trading Leivo for a draft pick (any draft pick) or why not just waive Marincin?

Brown > Leivo for sure. But I’d have much rather gotten a pick in exchange, or lost Marincin for nothing.

Dubas knows the AHL well. The Marlies played Utica in the playoffs last year too. Carcone is a late bloomer (didn't play in the CHL until post draft year) that doesn't stand out on the stats page though, but having a breakout year this year.

Bobo
TOR promised Leivo when signed that if he were to fall out of lineup with limited opportunity to get back in, they would move him to a more favourable situation.

Bobo
TOR promised Leivo when signed that if he were to fall out of lineup with limited opportunity to get back in, they would move him to a more favourable situation.

Dubas conceded to Babcock here, but not because he thought Babcock was right.

It'll be interesting to see how many of these battles Dubas lets Babcock "win", and for how long.

Dubas knows the AHL well. The Marlies played Utica in the playoffs last year too. Carcone is a late bloomer (didn't play in the CHL until post draft year) that doesn't stand out on the stats page though, but having a breakout year this year.

can carcone skate? he's got some offensive upside if he can.

He's got s fairly good set of wheels (a number of games, fastest player on either team). Problem *was* initially, he didn't use that speed effectively. Still, guy rarely 'mails it in'. Seems to still have a ways to go before being "NHL ready" but he's heading in the right direction.

Plays with a bit of jam in his game (small player but 'plays bigger than he is'). At least that's how he was on the Comets. Seems like the typical 'energy player'.

Last edited:
Dubas conceded to Babcock here, but not because he thought Babcock was right.

It'll be interesting to see how many of these battles Dubas lets Babcock "win", and for how long.

If the GM starts telling the coach who to play it’s time to find a new coach

If the GM starts telling the coach who to play it’s time to find a new coach

there's always a balance there.

dubas has already taken away many of babs toys. in this case he probably felt it was better to do good by leivo than to continue this battle with Babcock.

He's got s fairly good set of wheels (a number of games, fastest player on either team). Problem *was* initially, he didn't use that speed effectively. Still, guy rarely 'mails it in'. Seems to still have a ways to go before being "NHL ready" but he's heading in the right direction.

Plays with a bit of jam in his game (small player but 'plays bigger than he is'). At least that's how he was on the Comets. Seems like the typical 'energy player'.

good to hear. thanks.

ah, this sucks. I don't even care about the return. Leivo never got a proper chance here. Wouldn't be surprised to see him carve out a career as a middle six winger now.

hopefully this Carcone turns into something.

He's 22. If he has a ways to go before being NHL ready then it's not going to happen. First time I'm disappointed in dubas to be honest. He knows this was the wrong move and he still made it.

Pierre Lebrun
Leivo trade wasn't long in the making from a Vancouver perspective. GM Jim Benning phoned Kyle Dubas this morning for the first time asking about Leivo and got it done rather quickly. Leivo should get a shot in the top 6 in Can. Could be a nice pickup.

Back