• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

So why not just trade strolman, sanchez and the others for the best possible players you can get, and bring up the kids and let them cut their teeth against major leaguers?

Will it make for a painful season or two? Yup.

Instead of just coming up and having to deal with the new environment of the major leagues 2 seasons from now, they will already be comfortable facing major league pitching.

Maybe not for the pitchers but certainly for the position players.

Isnt that what major league coaches are for? To teach and to mould them into a pro?

Shocking, shocking news.

Toronto Blue Jays ✔@BlueJays
UPDATE: RHP Aaron Sanchez was removed from tonight's game with a right middle finger blister.

What a bunch of baboons Shatkins are for not trading Sanchez. These 2 just can't get anything right.........

What a bunch of baboons Shatkins are for not trading Sanchez. These 2 just can't get anything right.........

They'll trade him for somebody's impending DFA when his value is completely tanked (and well before they have to commit any arbitration dollars to him next year).

That is not a bug in the Shapiro/Atkins system. That is literally the design.

If I was the general manger this would be my team based on the players we had and the players I know would play in Toronto. And I'm not gonna take credit for anything Shapiro has done (which is essentially only Grichuk).

Travis - and yes, he would be injured
Donaldson - would have extended him after 2015
Vladdy Jr.
Encarnacion - would have signed him
Pillar
Martin /Jansen
Tulo - I know he's done, but we're paying him anyway.
****would obv need to fill put the rest of the position players somehow - esp the OF so maybe I roll with Alford or make a trade.

Stroman
Happ
Borucki
***would obv need to fill out the rest somehow

Sanchez
Osuna - after counselling and community service
Tapera
Biagini
Mayza

I would still have Tellez, Alford, Sean Reid Foley etc in the minors and I would have the other prospects I drafted in the years that Shapiro has been here, so maybe I have Bichette and Pearson too.

So, in a nutshell I would have a much better MLB team. A team that is loaded with expiring contracts - still have young pieces, a good farm and a generational talent to lead once the contracts are done.

And, yes I am a 38 year old that just pretended to be a GM.

Last edited:
Sign him to a long term contract asap!

Never before has toronto had a collection of players like Matthew's, Kawhi, and vlad at the same time.

Enjoy it, it might be the only time unless Kawhi resigns.

Yeah, do the AA thing that he is doing in Atlanta. Give Vladdy more $ now to avoid the momnent you need to give him 3000 million.

Why would Vlad sign now? He's got money.

Just watched the highlight for yday homerun. Wow what a beautiful swing he has.

BTW, sitting Vladdy today is a ****ing joke, What are they thinking? Why would you piss off your fanbase for absolutely no reason? It's a holiday.

Interesting choice with Price on the mound. Price would probably be the best pitcher Vladdy has faced yet and he also happens to be a guy that Shapiro and Atkins let walk.

Maybe they're worried about how it will look if Price carves him up.

Interesting choice with Price on the mound. Price would probably be the best pitcher Vladdy has faced yet and he also happens to be a guy that Shapiro and Atkins let walk.

Maybe they're worried about how it will look if Price carves him up.

Would fans even put anything into it? They know Vladdy is red hot and only 20. Will be a lot of pissed off fans at the game.

Would fans even put anything into it? They know Vladdy is red hot and only 20. Will be a lot of pissed off fans at the game.

Probably not. But I think these guys would rather avoid the risk that fans might react that way than take the risk that Vlad doesn't do well. It fits into their general approach which is to avoid doing things that might pay off because there's a chance that... they might not?

Of course it's Montoyo that makes the lineup card.

BTW, sitting Vladdy today is a ****ing joke, What are they thinking? Why would you piss off your fanbase for absolutely no reason? It's a holiday.

goddammit.

finally get a day to sit and veg and actually thinking of watching a whole jays game agianst the sox and they do this.

Back