• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2013-2014 Miscellaneous League News and Discussions

Here is your list of rule changes for this season:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=730165&cmpid=nhl-twt

I appreciate the new diving fines even if they amount to pennies for most NHL players, not sure why the spin-o-rama needed to be eliminated from penalty shots/shootouts (other than the fact it does violate the 'puck moving forward continuously' rule that is a fundamental part of penalty shots)?

The NHL announced this seasons rule changes. They changed the goalies trapozois. They extended it two feet from the goal posts. I think this enlarges it. If so, what a stupid change. They should get rid of it.

The NHL announced this seasons rule changes. They changed the goalies trapozois. They extended it two feet from the goal posts. I think this enlarges it. If so, what a stupid change. They should get rid of it.

Just to clarify, the trapezoid has been expanded, giving the goaltenders a little more area in which they can handle the puck behind the blue line.

Just to clarify, the trapezoid has been expanded, giving the goaltenders a little more area in which they can handle the puck behind the blue line.

Yup ... but based on last season's enforcement, I doubt anyone will really notice this change. I saw any number of occasions when refs let it slide when a keeper sort or cut the corner of the trapezoid with the puck last season. It was at least a two foot benefit of the doubt as it was being enforced, so the dimensional change seems to just codify what was already being enforced.

Back