• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016-17 NHL Off-Season Thread

Well there won't be much at that point but wouldn't we be dispersing the draft picks as well? So there should be enough assets for everyone to get something of use.

It's tough with these unexpected "bonuses."
It's one thing to tank/rebuild/whatever you want to call it from the beginning of the year when there's a certain expectation of the "rewards." But now teams who tanked are getting the bonus of getting the few good assets available on top of the rookie draft pick.

And as always, some of the "bad" teams have more valuable assets than a lot of the "good" teams. Some of the team that finished near the top have a lot of diminishing assets.

I'd gladly trade a contraction pick to a top team for some of their cash winnings.

I'd gladly trade a contraction pick to a top team for some of their cash winnings.

Yeah seriously.

Even considering weighting the draft to give the already strong teams who have made coin in this vs the bottom tier who need help is ridiculous, and i say this as a middle of the row squad who could only benefit from a lottery.

yeah that's hilarious

Apparently "tanking" and continually feeding money into a league you have no chance of winning that year is an advantage somehow.

Last tike something comparable happened in the NHL would have been the Crosby lottery No? League went with weighted odds based off prior 2 or 3 years?

Last tike something comparable happened in the NHL would have been the Crosby lottery No? League went with weighted odds based off prior 2 or 3 years?

I really don't like the idea of a lotto. How pleased would you be if Mindz or Habs got Ehlers or Keller or a top 3 pick for nothing? Something like this shouldn't adversely affect the balance of the league, especially at the top. I'll have the best odds, easily, so there is minimal loss for me if I don't get the best pick and end up #2. But if one of the teams that finished in the money ends up at #1? I'd think most of the league would have an issue.

I really don't like the idea of a lotto. How pleased would you be if Mindz or Habs got Ehlers or Keller or a top 3 pick for nothing? Something like this shouldn't adversely affect the balance of the league, especially at the top. I'll have the best odds, easily, so there is minimal loss for me if I don't get the best pick and end up #2. But if one of the teams that finished in the money ends up at #1? I'd think most of the league would have an issue.

Seriously, let's not overcomplicate this.

Worst to first.

i think the only fair way to do it is a heavily weighted lottery for every pick.

i can understand people not wanting one of the top teams to win it so maybe just do the lottery for all teams that didn't place

Back