• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018-2019 NHL Predictions

U.S media is picking us to win much more than the Canadian media.
Canadian media is so afraid of the angry emails from Canuck/Habs/Sens fans. The reaction from everyone during the Tavares signing on TSN is pretty funny. Everyone is trying so hard not to react and they look miserable.

I really can't stand John Shannon. You should have heard him last Friday on the Fan, jesus. The guy knows nothing about hockey. Did you know Shea Theodore has a steal of a contract and is on his way to being a top 5 NHL D? Of and Morgan Rielly, he's ok...
He's a TV exec who really knew more about the business of broadcasting than actual hockey. His ego late-in-life made him yearn for being infront of the cameras. He really is a moron.

he's on because he's one of McCown's shower buddies

I just don't get what anyone thinks a guy like Shannon or McCown know about hockey that can help us understand it better. Those guys don't even watch any more. Why listen?

I'll admit that I often like listening to "Overdrive" on TSN radio when driving home from work.

Maybe it's not the weightiest listen, but it's entertaining at times and it's guys that actually love watching hockey/the Leafs.

No interest in Bob McCown/Prime Time Sports, though. He's a good interviewer, so if he speaks with someone important in the Leaf organization like Shanahan, Babcock or Dubas, I might look up the interview later and give it a listen. But in general, I don't care for his dour, overly-opinionated gasbag shtick, and as zeke pointed out, McCown is not someone who watches hockey, is interested in hockey or has any worthwhile insights about the game. The same goes for a lot of his frequent guests, like Shannon.

TSN is great. Sportsnet isn't worth the time.

Bobo, Ferraro, O-Dog, Noodles, Colaiacovo, Lebrun. Tons of great hockey talk on TSN. Lots of Leafs homers too.

TSN has Mike Johnson too, no? I really like is commentary.

I don't tune into any of this stuff other than on days that I drive to work (which is 10-15 minutes) and then only rarely. You often don't hear anything but commericals.

TSN is great. Sportsnet isn't worth the time.

Bobo, Ferraro, O-Dog, Noodles, Colaiacovo, Lebrun. Tons of great hockey talk on TSN. Lots of Leafs homers too.

There should be Leaf homers. There is this weird stigma that in this city it is not allowed. Travel around Canada the local homers are everywhere in the media.

There should be Leaf homers. There is this weird stigma that in this city it is not allowed. Travel around Canada the local homers are everywhere in the media.
Isn't TSN national though? Local markets can be homers but the national broadcasts should be unbiased, no?

I actually never give a shit. I always find it weird how upset Leaf fans get with Hughson cause they say he sounds sad when they Leafs score. Who cares? I don't get why anyone cares.

Isn't TSN national though? Local markets can be homers but the national broadcasts should be unbiased, no?

I actually never give a shit. I always find it weird how upset Leaf fans get with Hughson cause they say he sounds sad when they Leafs score. Who cares? I don't get why anyone cares.

Listen to part of tomorrow's game on radio. Compare Hughson with Bowen.

Listen to part of tomorrow's game on radio. Compare Hughson with Bowen.
Well yeah... Bowen is the Leafs radio guy. Hughson is doing a national broadcast.

I'm not saying that Hughson is or isn't a Leaf fan... just that I don't get why anyone cares.

Maybe that's cause as an English speaking Hab fan I have never heard a pro Hab broadcast. It's always the other team's local broadcast or a national broadcast with guys who are certainly not Hab fans.

I also realized many years ago that I know (or at least think I do) more about hockey and the players that 95% of the idiots anyway so I don't really take much they say to heart.

I had to hear for years how Bob Cole loved the Leafs and was so biased. NOTHING compared to Dick Irvin for the Habs.
Cole wasn't even from Toronto and cheered for the Habs growing up. It was a myth.

TSN lost all national broadcast rights when Rogers swooped them up a few years ago. All TSN's NHL coverage is now regional. Their NHL team operates nationally (i.e. appearing on SportsCentre, That's Hockey, etc), but they cannot broadcast individual games nationally.

Its because a TV play-by-play persons only job is to make the game exciting. They are literally only there for atmosphere. I can see that Auston Matthews passed the puck.

So a play-by-play person that sucks the energy out of the room kinda sucks and defeats the whole purpose.

Plus we were raised on all time greats like Cole and Bowen. Its a stark contrast.

go watch the best highlights of all time.

with the volume off.

Back