• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019 Free Agent Season

UFA's would be interested in coming to Montreal if they had a winning product on the ice. If the product is not intriguing to an UFA, then it would cost BIG $$$ to come....no?

I think you gotta also have players that players want to play with.

So the Jets have totally low balled Laine. Maybe we should make another hostile.... would be funny

The though out there is that if there is a time to make an offer sheet it is once the season starts being as teams don’t benefit from that 10% cushion over the cap during the season if they are in a bind.

So once the season starts the cap space is their true cap space once all parameters are applied..LTIR etc...

So if a team like Calgary starts the season with say 6 mil in cap space and you offer sheet Tkatchuk with an AAV of 7.5 well Calgary has a week to try and find that extra 1.5 mill

The though out there is that if there is a time to make an offer sheet it is once the season starts being as teams don’t benefit from that 10% cushion over the cap during the season if they are in a bind.

So once the season starts the cap space is their true cap space once all parameters are applied..LTIR etc...

So if a team like Calgary starts the season with say 6 mil in cap space and you offer sheet Tkatchuk with an AAV of 7.5 well Calgary has a week to try and find that extra 1.5 mill
We should be in darn good shape to do this if we wanted then. I dont think he will though....

We should be in darn good shape to do this if we wanted then. I dont think he will though....

Well MB should have waited until the start of the season to offer sheet Aho...not that it would have made a difference because Carolina would have probably still matched but you would have seen Carolina’s cap situation more clearly and maybe offered an AAV that exceeded the cap space they had.

I would have felt comfortable with the same type of front loaded deal but with An AAV of 10.1 which takes us to the next level of compemsation being 2 firsts a 2nd and a 3rd

Leafs better start drafting better, otherwise filling out that roster with good players 2-3 years from now is going to be a mighty challenge.

The Senators have signed Thomas Chabot to an eight-year, $64 million extension... $8M AAV.

He has one year left on his current deal at a $1.2M AAV.

He makes everyone around him look really bad. He is not built to play in a pressure cooker

He is fine on a stacked top 6 where he can hide with superstars and a Tkatchuk type to do the dirty work

He can get his 60+ points and hide

He cant be relied on to be a core player on a contending team

Major F...up by our regime

Back