• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

US Space Force calls their people guardians. they were part of Air Force until 2019.

former deadskins will have a new name in 2022. Braves don't seem to have a plan to change their name. Read somewhere that around 1000 high schools or middle schools have native american names.

Fine. I still think it's even more boring than Indians ... which let's face it, is a pretty generic name also.

I have a soft spot for team names that have a local connection like this one. The Hornets when they are in Charlotte, the Jazz when they were still in New Orleans, the Lakers when they were still in Minnesota, the Milwaukee Admirals (no, really), etc.

I have a soft spot for team names that have a local connection like this one. The Hornets when they are in Charlotte, the Jazz when they were still in New Orleans, the Lakers when they were still in Minnesota, the Milwaukee Admirals (no, really), etc.
Look ... I complain about stuff for funsies, but almost all sports team names are at least somewhat generic in nature. Most of the time, the best you get is some loose regional tie-in ... and even then it ends up being some sort of horse or bird or dog or cat like 70% of the time. So, anything that isn't that (or a cartoon character or something from a movie franchise ... or both) is fine.

Funny how 2 religious schools ended up Blue Devils and Demon Deacons. They are not really religious now but they still have divinity schools

From what you guys have posted, it was either fire him or risk everybody taking an unpaid week should they have to miss a game because of an outbreak.
So surprising since they don’t care about losing a weeks pay because they all make so much. Just amazing.

Back