• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2020 MLB Trading Block

Bryant, Lowe, Schwarber are available in bigger deals, looking for a CF or RF and SP.

Dickerson, Thames, Profar, Anderson, Braun, Peralta are available in smaller deals, looking for same as above.

Taylor, McCann, Ramirez, Roark, Wacha, Montero, are available for draft picks or in a package for one player.

I'd like to do a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 deal. Posey, Diaz, McCutchen, Gardner, or any of my non-elite SP are the main guys I would like to deal. Although since I'm not getting bites there, could also deal them with some of my other guys too (ie. Benintendi + Posey for XXX). Nobody is off-limits.

About half a dozen of you mention looking for picks on the trading block. I've got 13 first-rounders over the next few years that I'm more open to moving now. Looking for top prospects but also willing to consider established stars who are still on the upswing of their careers.

Not willing to deal until after the dispersal (no sense being unable to protect as many guys for that), but open to discussions already to maybe get some agreements in place. If you're interested, let me know and we'll see if anything makes sense!

Eric Thames - 1B
Michael Wacha - SP
Rafael Montero - RP
Corey Dickerson - LF

All available for future draft picks.

All picks available. Won't trade them all but looking at trading at least 3. Looking for either 2022 picks or if one of the new managers is interested in selecting a player on my behalf in the dispersal draft, I'd be willing to discuss that as well.

2-18 (37)
3-4 (42)
3-10 (48)
3-11 (49)
4-10 (67)
4-11 (68)
5-8 (84)
5-12 (88)

All my picks are available for future picks, a 1st rounder this year, or like Deckie said I'd also be interested in moving picks for a pick in the dispersal draft if anyone is interested.

2-15 (34)
2-16 (35)
2-17 (36)
3-3 (41)
3-9 (47)
4-9 (66)

If we can add picks in the dispersal draft, I'm up for that too...also have a lot of draft picks in the regular draft available.

Trial Ballon/Balloon Results!

Feel free to ignore this one, guys! LOL. This is pretty long-winded and self-indulgent…I just want to blow off a little steam and get it off my chest.

So, in light of the Hendriks and Springer deals, in our chat you guys suggested that we a) post when guys become available so more, better offers come in, and b) chat up possible deals for evaluation.

I floated an announcement in chat to test those theories, mentioning that Villar, Mondesi, Harper, Abrams, Witt, Dominguez, Gorman, Robert, Cease, Kopech, and future picks were on the block. I edited my trade block to show that I’m looking for 1B, 2B, LF, SP, maybe CF.

Everybody has been paying close attention since then. 4 trades have been made, by 8 teams. Lots of engagement and activity in the league, as pretty much every team has been online making draft picks and paying close attention to rosters.

So, to check in on those test balloon results:

0 offers for Villar, Abrams, Witt, Gorman, Robert, or future picks.
1 offer on Dominguez
1 offer on Kopech
Very kindly, 1 offer that wanted Harper, Mondesi, and Cease all together!

Now, it’s possible that my team and all these players are shitty. But some 5th round draft picks got offers for other people, and I have to think at least a few of these guys are worth more than a 5th.

So, I’m not sure the theory that “announcing a guy as available will lead to multiple competitive offers coming in and show his market value” turns out to be as true as we’d like.

But for quality & evaluation, maybe it works? The best offer I got was:

Iceman trades away
Bryce Harper
Adalberto Mondesi
Dylan Cease

2018 Allstars (Blueman) trades away
Logan Gilbert
Spencer Turnbull
Adrian Morejon
Abraham Toro
Nomar Mazara
Amed Rosario
2023 Draft Pick, Round 1 (2018 Allstars (Blueman))

What do you guys think of this potential deal? At first, I thought it was bad, because:
  • I get worse at SP
  • I get worse at SS
  • I get worse at RF
  • I don’t get any players or improvement at any of the positions I’m looking for.

So, it wasn’t seeming too promising. But then I realized that I ALSO get 3 extra guys that I can cut from my team in a few days to get down to the maximum roster limit. AND, 3 years from now I get a pick that might exist, or might evaporate by then and become a compensation pick. So now I am torn.

My takeaways?
  • It’s easy to have an outcry afterward saying “I would have given up more” or “That guy is worth way more!” after a guy gets traded. But if we’re not out there actually coming through and OFFERING more, that seems like it should be on us, not the owners who actually made the trade.
  • If I do the work and go out and find a deal I actually like, I don’t think I’d want bystanders afterward telling us that one side needs to add more, or that we should consider a reversal because consensus says the value wasn’t equal. Unless someone out there is willing to actually offer a deal that I DO like better, their opinion on involved players’ values doesn’t have much relevance

• Rant over, chest cleared...back to regularly scheduled programming!

Posting other owners offers in public just to blast them, isn't a great way to get deals done...🤮

Counter offers & the comment section...👍

Yeah, I get a ton of terrible offers too. Feel free to slam them by at least hiding the name. And I never expect that the first offer I send will be accepted. I tend to offer here a lot like the AI offers in OOTP - ones that i 95% of the time laugh out the door, but every now and then, there's a nugget of it that makes some sense, and you refine it a little more.

Trial Ballon/Balloon Results!

Feel free to ignore this one, guys! LOL. This is pretty long-winded and self-indulgent…I just want to blow off a little steam and get it off my chest.

So, in light of the Hendriks and Springer deals, in our chat you guys suggested that we a) post when guys become available so more, better offers come in, and b) chat up possible deals for evaluation.

I floated an announcement in chat to test those theories, mentioning that Villar, Mondesi, Harper, Abrams, Witt, Dominguez, Gorman, Robert, Cease, Kopech, and future picks were on the block. I edited my trade block to show that I’m looking for 1B, 2B, LF, SP, maybe CF.

Everybody has been paying close attention since then. 4 trades have been made, by 8 teams. Lots of engagement and activity in the league, as pretty much every team has been online making draft picks and paying close attention to rosters.

So, to check in on those test balloon results:

0 offers for Villar, Abrams, Witt, Gorman, Robert, or future picks.
1 offer on Dominguez
1 offer on Kopech

I offered an equitable deal that didn't make sense to you positionally (which is fair). Your only counter was asking for a player you've literally asked on 20 times who didn't make sense for me to move. In all honestly, you're kinda a hard team to deal with because I'm not really sure what your plan is. Are you going to consolidate assets and try to compete in the near future? Are you going to draft and develop and play the long game? Somewhere in the middle? You haven't really said what you want to do. I just assume you are playing the long game based on your roster composition, so any offers are generally going to be future focused, you know? I'm not saying BM's offer was good. It wasn't. But you also need to tell people what your plans are so at least they have a starting point. Just my .02.

Couple of thoughts on Iceman's rant, it's a point that HP has made before (I think a couple of times in 2 different leagues). People started to whine about a trade he made, so he said hey, the player I acquired is available if you guys want to send me all these awesome & clearly much better offers. If memory serves, there was no follow up trade. :)

It would be great if teams would use the Trade Block more often. But generally it doesn't lead to a multitude of great offers. It's really hard sometimes to figure out the right value on a player and we all have different objectives and player evaluations. Best result is usually a weak nibble or two, but if there's genuine interest on their part, a counter-offer can usually establish if a deal is within reach. That offer certainly isn't great but it is an upgrade at SP (I'd much rather have Gilbert, Turnbull & Morejon than Cease).

I have interest in Kopech, just don't think I'll be willing to give you what you'd want back, haha.

Bottom line, this was likely inspired by the discussions we've had about trades made by the new guys, and I do understand the frustration. Everyone is just sensitive about helping protect them from giving away top assets because we'd like to avoid the turnover and it does appear that we've got 3 awesome new managers so they'll likely be just fine. Just don't want to see a repeat of Bad News Bears giving up a dollar for 3 dimes and 3 nickels multiple times and then bolting.

Last edited:
Back