• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

Pronman seems to be gaga for Yakemchuk.
He's an interesting package. Big, tough, mean and can dangle. Some rough edges around skating and defensive awareness, but nothing "unfixable". High compete level too. Hates to lose. Apparantly comes from a family of late sprouters. So not out of the question for him to round-out at 6'4-5", 225lbs. I don't see us taking him unless we get another pick around the 10 range. And even then, if a guy like Eiserman drops there or another dynamic forward like Connelly does, do we pass them up considering we're loaded on D and need offense?

They’re definitely trading for Zegras, but maybe the price has come down a little to the point that they won’t have to give the top 10 pick and can use Calgarys 1st next year, one of the D prospects or Harris and Farrell or something but I have no doubts they’ll trade for Cole’s buddy. Plus Hughes is very familiar with Zegras. I think management also saw how the crowd was loving Hutson electricity and want to be more exciting as the continue to build

And Iginla, and Parekh . . .

MCagg is a complete moron.
He still tries to justify Jason Ward. He's someone who can't just accept when he's wrong and take the L. He HAS to justify everything.

Scouts like that you avoid. At.least Boisvert will own it when he gets it wrong. He doesn't define himself by every prediction he makes. But McCagg is a no lifer who has absolutely nothing else going for him.

Question, since all of you know more about these prospects than I.

Re: Lidstrom is there a need for caution about his offensive output being skewed, since McKenna is on the same team?

Back