• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

I am enjoying the Habs version of Fantasy Island here today. They’re drafting a forward, Leshunov or Parekh. 100 percent. 100

You’re in for an unhappy draft night if that’s the case. They’re not drafting a left D.
I am enjoying the Habs version of Fantasy Island here today. They’re drafting a forward, Leshunov or Parekh. 100 percent. 100
Yup …Hughes was pretty direct in saying they’re picking a F, and Gorton reiterated such a few weeks later

HuGos seemingly preferred media mouthpiece also reiterated such in his The Athletic article this week..

I think you’re missing the part where we’re not trying to predict what the Habs will do but rather what we would do. And I think there is more chance for the Habs to draft Dickinson than Parekh, or Leshunov.

I think you’re missing the part where we’re not trying to predict what the Habs will do but rather what we would do. And I think there is more chance for the Habs to draft Dickinson than Parekh, or Leshunov.
The first part, yes, I understand, and the second part, I don’t think so. At the very least, Parekh will be available at 5 or 6. And if we draft at 2 Lexhunov is possible, albeit unlikely. There is no chance we draft Dickinson, IMO. Hughes has said no left D.

Last edited:
The first part, yes, I understand, and the second part, I don’t think so. At the very least, Parekh will be available at 5 or 6. And if we draft at 2 Lexhunov is possible, albeit unlikely. There is no chance we draft Dickinson, IMO. Hughes has said no left D.

For some reasons, I thought Parekh was also a lefty. But besides playing in the position that we have the least need, Dickinson seems to fit the profile of the type of player the org loves. To be fair, I’d be shocked if we draft a LHD as well.

They thought the same of his father which is why he was traded to Calgary and then developed.
No, they traded him because that was the price Dallas to pay in order to get Nieuwendyk. They won the Cup and the Flames did Flames things. Iginla was a great player, but his team never won shit.

Draft Dickinson

Trade Guhle and Peg pick for Zegras

They thought the same of his father which is why he was traded to Calgary and then developed.
He plays in my hometown, Kelowna. He's not his dad in any way except one: they both have a decent release. Jarome was a true PF, mean, nasty, feared, a bull in the slot that could drop the gloves. Which all earned him room on the ice. Always had well over avg min/game PIM reg season and playoffs. Tij had 35 PIM reg season and in 11 playoff games, zero. And he got beat-up by perennial wimp, according to some, Berkly Catton. Tij and Jarome are about as close as Mark Howe was to Gordie Howe.

And it's not like Jarome Iginla was traded for nothing. Joe Niewendyk was a proven star center and Stanley Cup winner/leader and as we know, led the Stars to another cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: CH1
Back