• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

Krieder would have been a more annoying pickup. He is pure Bruin, big, fast, plays hard. Dealing with him and Debrusk on a line would be a nightmare.

Dreger probably just read this on twitter and decided to pass it off as coming from his own sources:

Oh btw, that Kase deal is a nice example of how easy it is to dump a horrible contract. If Muzzin's deal looks like a tire fire by year 3 or 4, he's easily movable. A point I completely forgot is that he won't be a 35+ deal. This makes an enormous difference.

Oh btw, that Kase deal is a nice example of how easy it is to dump a horrible contract. If Muzzin's deal looks like a tire fire by year 3 or 4, he's easily movable. A point I completely forgot is that he won't be a 35+ deal. This makes an enormous difference.

Marleau’s was only one year and we got squat in return.

Marleau had a full NMC. Backes didnt

The only was Marleau was being moved was to a team that was going to buy him out
And accept zero cap relief while doing it because it's a 35+ contract. 6.5 or whatever it was on the books. Dead money. Canes traded for him knowing it would be dead money because he didn't want to play there. Good luck finding a team taking 6.5 million on their cap at less of a cost.

Entirely different situations. Anyway the point is Leafs will not have that issue with muzzin because its not a 35+ contract.

Last edited:
Prediction

Some team pays hefty price for Severson.

Pair of idiot analysts question move citing Vaatanen and Subban as better options on his own tean

Bob chimes in with excellent contract/numbers

Idiot analysts ignore, cite no experience, not flashy.

Mike Johnson loses mind off screen

Back