• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

Define not doing well?

Habs were tied with Leafs & Ana for 49.2 CF% 2/10ths of a point behind TBay & CBJ for this past season.

Wings had the best CF% in the league at 53.2% followed by Hawks & Kings at 52.5%. Winter-peg had amongst the leagues worst CF% at 48.9%

Nice to see the stats working out :smilewinkgrin:

He was great tonight.

I mean, at no point was he ever a threat to score. But the Bergeron line couldn't get anything going against him whenever he was on the ice with them. Which on its own seems like a Christmas miracle after the first two games.

I was also pleasantly surprised at how hard he went after them physically.

Marleau should have passed it to him on that 2 on 1 though :p

Nice to see the stats working out :smilewinkgrin:

Pretty sure you need to look at the whole list. Not just Sal's anti-intellectual agenda. He's not super trusted.

I mean it still might look hilarious, but you gotta look at everything.

Anyone got a good link?

Around the League - Playoffs 2018

Define not doing well?

Habs were tied with Leafs & Ana for 49.2 CF% 2/10ths of a point behind TBay & CBJ for this past season.

Wings had the best CF% in the league at 53.2% followed by Hawks & Kings at 52.5%. Winter-peg had amongst the leagues worst CF% at 48.9%
Correction: Habs were not tied for 22nd in the league, they were tied with Winter-peg & Fla for 18th this past season with 49.9%. 0.3% behind Leafs, and 0.6% behind Preds

Avs & Wild with two lowest CF and Wild at 4th lowest Canes with leagues best CF.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/pl..._max=2018&situation_id=all&order_by=corsi_pct

Pretty sure you need to look at the whole list. Not just Sal's anti-intellectual agenda. He's not super trusted.

I mean it still might look hilarious, but you gotta look at everything.

Anyone got a good link?
Hmmm Anti-intellectual...care to compare who actually got an education from a real university?

Fancy stats people will say he got beat in every metric last night by that line.

That Bergeron line maybe didn't produce but they did dominate them.
That doesn't surprise me. After all, it's not like the Plekanec line spent the entire night playing keep-away with the puck, or cycling the puck in Boston's zone.

But I really don't recall the Bergeron line getting many quality scoring chances when they were on the ice. And while they may have had the puck a bunch, it was rare that they were able to establish a good cycle of their own in Toronto's zone, whereas that's what they did pretty much every time they stepped on the ice at five-on-five in the first two games.

So, I'd gladly take that any game for the rest of this series. Shutting Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak down doesn't have to be pretty, as long as they're kept off the score-sheet as much as possible.

That doesn't surprise me. After all, it's not like the Plekanec line spent the entire night playing keep-away with the puck, or cycling the puck in Boston's zone.

But I really don't recall the Bergeron line getting many quality scoring chances when they were on the ice. And while they may have had the puck a bunch, it was rare that they were able to establish a good cycle of their own in Toronto's zone, whereas that's what they did pretty much every time they stepped on the ice at five-on-five in the first two games.

So, I'd gladly take that any game for the rest of this series. Shutting Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak down doesn't have to be pretty, as long as they're kept off the score-sheet as much as possible.

And the game winning goal was because of the pleks line. They tired the bergeron line and mathews and co game on and took advantage of a tired line

Pleks is a chirpy sob that drives other players crazy. His mouth never stops. He may not score much anymore but his D play is still outstanding. He gave BM a huge taste of his own medicine and he was getting frustrated as hell. I still feel the Ruins were the better team and had way more chances but the serious is way closer than it was before.

Pleks does not make this a "closer" series. The series is still the same.

Let's get serious here. Tomas Plekanec is NOT a difference maker. We have seen him play more than once.

Pleks does not make this a "closer" series. The series is still the same.

Let's get serious here. Tomas Plekanec is NOT a difference maker. We have seen him play more than once.

One half decent game out of the 20 odd games played. Lol

BREAKING: Calgary #Flames announce firing of head coach Glen Gulutzan, along with assistants Dave Cameron and Paul Jerrard

Vezina Trophy finalists are Connor Hellebuyck, Pekka Rinne and Andrei Vasilevskiy.

Kings remind me of the Habs in the playoffs. They are going to blow their brains out trying to score a goal, they won't then Vegas will take over.

Las Vegas the only team in the NHL with a perfect postseason record.

Go figure.

...and the player they took from the Kings in the expansion draft scored the series clincher.

Back