• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Yes it was a bad deal . However Larsson played very well in year one and came with cap certainty for 4 years.

Saving cap dollars was part of the transaction . He has regressed which makes the deal terrible.

He had very limited offensive upside from the start. Hall was underpaid on his deal. He's definitely worth 2 1st rounders, or a blue chip prospect + 1st rounder. So, compared to what Chia should have gotten, and what he did get, I would be pretty upset if I was an Oilers fan.

He had very limited offensive upside from the start. Hall was underpaid on his deal. He's definitely worth 2 1st rounders, or a blue chip prospect + 1st rounder. So, compared to what Chia should have gotten, and what he did get, I would be pretty upset if I was an Oilers fan.

Hall was paid very well years ago . The difference with the $ explosion now with kids is they are among the best players in the game .

That wasn't the case back then with Hall, MacKinnon , Scheifele , etc...

These players were paid on future potential .

Now Marner , Point , Rantanen etc.... are putting up major points and will be cashing in .

6 mil per year for Hall , Eberle, Nate, and others was good money when they signed

Yes it was a bad deal . However Larsson played very well in year one and came with cap certainty for 4 years.

Saving cap dollars was part of the transaction . He has regressed which makes the deal terrible.

nah
he was never good

The real joke is that Mctavish and Lowe are still part of the decisions making group.

Those guys have been around since the 90's no?

The real joke is that Mctavish and Lowe are still part of the decisions making group.

Those guys have been around since the 90's no?

Yup , now they added Gretzky and Coffey in an advisory role as well

The issue is when your locker room is full of tension and morale is terrible that makes it even worse .

Our Habs lack talent but probably is the best cohesive team we had in years .

Nothing worse than going to work to a miserable and toxic environment

oilers?
they are not intentionally tanking

They did it many times voluntarily, and many were holding them up as an example that we should follow. Other times it was by incompetence. But it was already awarded handsomely, only to be ruined by the team. I feel bad for all those picks who would likely had a much more rewarding career anywhere else.

I hate rewarding incompetence. I also hate rewarding competently being terrible.

They did it many times voluntarily, and many were holding them up as an example that we should follow. Other times it was by incompetence. But it was already awarded handsomely, only to be ruined by the team. I feel bad for all those picks who would likely had a much more rewarding career anywhere else.

I hate rewarding incompetence. I also hate rewarding competently being terrible.

That's how I see it...it's unbelievable to see that a team that has drafted so often in the top five in the last 10-12 years be so terrible.

It's a pathetic organization from top to bottom.

It was not. They legit were trying to win. The entire time. Trying to win actually hurt them because they would rush the next hero.

Didn’t most people say 10 years ago that Lowe needed to go.....he’s still around, possibly influencing most decisions, and the Oilers have not progressed.

I guess this is like Milbury back when he was running Islanders.....best friends with owner, a job for life....

Hockey players are unlike other professional athletes.....they rarely complain.

If McDavid was in NFL-MLB-NBA-European Football, he’d already publicly asked to be traded

Hockey players are unlike other professional athletes.....they rarely complain.

If McDavid was in NFL-MLB-NBA-European Football, he’d already publicly asked to be traded

He would be gone in the NBA by now with 4 year contracts mainly in place .

Its the same as Anthony Davis of the Pelicans . Teams stinks get what you can if you know he isn't resigning

Superstars run the NBA , they control the balance of power .

Last edited:
He would be gone in the NBA by now with 4 year contracts mainly in place .

Its the same as Anthony Davis of the Pelicans . Teams stinks get what you can if you know he isn't resigning

Superstars run the NBA , they control the balance of power .

as it should be, people pay to watch the players

Back