• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canes trade Tuomo Ruutu to Devils for Andrei Loktionov/Conditional 3rd rnd pck 2017

The Devils don't have to re-sign Ruutu this summer though, he has 2 more years on his deal. Maybe that is why its a conditional 2017 pick? That will be the draft after Ruutu is either re-signed or not by the Devils

I am noting with some amusement the influx of Russian players into our system over the last couple of years, interestingly just as the Finnish era seemingly comes to a end. And I do love that we have ourselves a Russian goalie.

Long ago a Czech friend that was a fan had advocated that the Canes needed an "older Russian" and a "younger Russian" among the forward ranks in order to have success. Well, we're getting there.

Probably a good thing we don't have any Ukies on the team at the moment ;)

I've asked Chip and Luke questions directly, and sometimes they respond, and often times, they do not. I'm not sure Chip has ever responded, maybe he did once but it took a few days, by which time I had my answer from other net sources. I'm talking polite, well thought out, real questions, not "Is JR retarded" type things I might blurt out in private!

I have never corresponded with Chip but I have emailed with Luke way back in 2000-2001 when I was learning the sport. He would ALWAYS write back with answers. And, if I remember correctly, there were some pathetic questions I asked.

I am pretty sure Chip was not with the team on this last road trip since all 5 game stories were from the AP. That is something I don't like, the fact that there is no true beat writer that travels with the team to ALL games. I know the N&O cut back on that several years ago but I thought they had changed since I have seen Chip on road trips this season.

Oh, I thought Chip was on the west coast with the team. He said something that made me think he had spoken with someone, and I assumed it wasn't on the phone. He also made comments about who was on the ice for pre-game skates, etc. No wonder his news during the trade deadline was always 3 minutes late!

Back