• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Cherkers Back To Bojangles Coliseum ... maybe

Cougars may have been the only pro BB team to play in 3 cities in 1 season - they split home games between Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh for at least 1 season. (They were an ABA team.)

I remember when Dorton Arena had wrestling on most Tues nights. I think that ended in the early 80s. I went to WRAL to see them tape a wrestling show , it was pretty funny. Rick Flair was starting out then. They used to show wrestling on Sat. nights for a long time.
 
I remember when Dorton Arena had wrestling on most Tues nights. I think that ended in the early 80s.

We used to go when I was in college, so I think it petered out in the late 80s. I remember seeing an epic Flair match that ended with him and some other schmuck duking it out all the way from the ring to the ramp outside the Dorton Arena while lightning flashed in the distance behind them. Seriously ... wrestling sort of sucks, but that was freaking awesome.
 
Good on them. While this move will make it tougher on out of towners, the real business of minor league sports is selling tix to the locals and that old barn will give them a place to call their own. That's great.
 
Back
Top