• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Eastern Conference Finals ... Canes vs Bruins. Pre-Series Thread

Chip Alexander got hung up on, while on a radio show, because of his terrible accent. Classy.

BTW, while it has absolutely nothing to do with the series, that stunt was unbelievably calloused and classless. And by playing into the BS assumptions of the locals about Southerners, all that clown managed to do was piss off Southerners who otherwise would have never known he existed ... other than the ones in Atlanta who remember his magnificent failure on Atlanta sports radio. Stupid, pointless, and typical of Boston radio ... sadly.

Thats the ultimate definition of irony.

And while the host might not be from New England and doesn't have that speech impediment, it's still so ironic.

No one in New England has watched any team play besides the Bruins. Its a small world up there.

Chip Alexander got hung up on, while on a radio show, because of his terrible accent. Classy.

At about the 20 minute mark in the recording is when they hang up (really just one guy) on Chip. I have never been a huge Chip fan but feel bad for him here. I guess the upside is he is getting a ton of national press!

https://deadspin.com/boston-radio-host-hangs-up-on-carolina-hurricanes-repor-1834643964

Yeah ... it's all very ironic. Chip is respected in his circles, if not widely lauded or anything, but this whole thing has whipped up a virtual tidal wave of support for the guy. And all of it thanks to some utter bawlbag radio jerk in Boston who was just trying to get an hour's worth of cheap laughs out of his troglodyte Chowderhead listenership. Way to go moron. You managed to generate more positive pub for old Chip than his writing has earned him in 20+ years in the newspaper business.

And oh ... did I mention that NONE of this has even the tiniest thing to do with, you know ... the series. It's really just a billboard for how generally crappy Boston sports radio is. I'd say "is these days" except that it's always been that way. The only reason this even plays into this series is that I firmly believe that the moronic radio jocks and myopic newspaper guys in Boston directly impact just how stupid and annoying that fanbase is in general. Their basest impulses are thrown red meat on a daily basis up there and the end result is ... Mark Wahlberg, pretty much.

Yup. The Buffahole fans are just idiotic drunks.

The Caps moronic fanbase is just clueless Gen Xers who can't name a Caps player from prior to 2017.

The Bruins fans I know can't name 3 players on the current roster. And have lived in NC for 18+ years. And will pour on a fake accent when singing the praises of Boston sports , so thick, even Peter Griffin from Family Guy needs a translator. I know some chowdaheads now, who will still talk about Bobby Orr when hockey comes up. You know he retired, right?

The Bruins fans I know can't name 3 players on the current roster. And have lived in NC for 18+ years. And will pour on a fake accent when singing the praises of Boston sports , so thick, even Peter Griffin from Family Guy needs a translator. I know some chowdaheads now, who will still talk about Bobby Orr when hockey comes up. You know he retired, right?

Honestly, my two favorite players of all time are Orr and Espo. Typically that kind of Chowd is shocked to find that I even know who they are ... which is in itself shocking because, why wouldn't you? God but that fanbase has its head about a mile up its collective backside.

The row of seats in front of my playoff seats, 102-D has usually been a group of 'verified reseller' seats during the playoffs and priced way up there -- keep meaning to ask the people who eventually end up there how much they did pay for 'em... I definitely will this series, especially if it goes to game 6 here... current prices:

Game 3: $486
Game 4: $459
Game 6: $3,063

Good luck if you can get it, ticket owner dude!

Honestly, my two favorite players of all time are Orr and Espo. Typically that kind of Chowd is shocked to find that I even know who they are ... which is in itself shocking because, why wouldn't you? God but that fanbase has its head about a mile up its collective backside.

Phil or Tony? Or is this strictly Bs related?

Damn that was a long time ago!

Phil ... and I mostly remember him as a Bruin and Ranger, which makes sense because I got into sports as a kid in the early 70s when he was in Boston. I don't give a crap about the Bruins, but when you're a child you tend to gravitate towards players that jump off the screen a bit. I loved Espo and Havlicek and Yastrzemski (he played minor league ball in Raleigh so a lot of local kids liked him) so I had a soft spot for Boston teams .... but then you grow up and meet fans of those teams and stuff changes.

And yeah ... we're old, dude.

Back