• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Everything Tomas Plekanec.

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S. - Summer 2013

I don't think Plekanec is underrated around the league, I think every team would get into bidding if he is made available - IMO he's right up there w Patrice Bergeron in the eyes of GMs around the league, albeit a slightly less physical/smaller version.

nah, Bergeron is a machine on faceoffs, better at puck possession, offers more consistent offensive production and is a couple of years younger.

Oy. Compare playoff production. Warrior v girlie-man turtleneck.

Patrice was a big reason the B's sunk the Leafs in game 7. Until Pleks does the same, we'll always be super sceptical.

Bergeron is way better than Plekanec but both play a well rounded game.

Yes, Bergeron scores a whole 0.05 PPG more than Plekanec in his playoff career.... 0.68 vs 0.63

Over 82 games its a 56 point season vs a 52 point one.... not that much difference in terms of "Playoff Production".

Bergeron's better, but its not by much.

People forget that in 2011, Plekanec was matched with Kreijci and the Habs dominated that matchup (Cammalleri was the playoff scoring leader in Round 1, and the Kreijci line struggled).
Meanwhile Bergeron ate Gomez for lunch and that is why the series went 7 games OT cause the matchup was so close.... Plek dominating Kreijci, Bergeron dominating Gomez.

Patrice was a big reason the B's sunk the Leafs in game 7. Until Pleks does the same, we'll always be super sceptical.

Pleks defensive game was huge vs Washington and Pittsburgh, while he may not have been getting points on the goals, he was on the ice for most of Cammalleri's goals too.

To be fair to Plekanec he does not have the same support system as does Bergeron. Has not had the same level of talent on his lines nor has he had the same level of physicality/intimidation n the Montreal lineup to give him the confidence to do so. Properly surrounded I am sure Plekanec cuold be much better than he has been up to this point. My personal opinion is he is way too underrated and Montreal would miss his consistency and verstility. Curious to see how Plekanec would do had he had even the linemates DD has had. It is grossly unfair!

Last edited:

Yes, Bergeron scores a whole 0.05 PPG more than Plekanec in his playoff career.... 0.68 vs 0.63

Over 82 games its a 56 point season vs a 52 point one.... not that much difference in terms of "Playoff Production".

Bergeron's better, but its not by much.

People forget that in 2011, Plekanec was matched with Kreijci and the Habs dominated that matchup (Cammalleri was the playoff scoring leader in Round 1, and the Kreijci line struggled).
Meanwhile Bergeron ate Gomez for lunch and that is why the series went 7 games OT cause the matchup was so close.... Plek dominating Kreijci, Bergeron dominating Gomez.

With good (productive) linemates, playing less minutes on PK and more 5-5 and PP. and against weaker opposition (not always playing against top line) Plekanec would be a steady 80 pts/year player and a very good all around player. He is imo one of the most complete center in the league.

With good (productive) linemates, playing less minutes on PK and more 5-5 and PP. and against weaker opposition (not always playing against top line) Plekanec would be a steady 80 pts/year player and a very good all around player. He is imo one of the most complete center in the league.

damn, montreal canadiens have one of the most complete centers in the league, who knew, wait it comes with a big caveat ..

Last edited:

gangnam-style-haters-gonna-hate.gif

How many threads have been highkacked by this very discussion. Start a freaken thread on Plecks so that the rest of us can avoid it. Year after year, the same freaken discussions. Enough already.

How many threads have been highkacked by this very discussion. Start a freaken thread on Plecks so that the rest of us can avoid it. Year after year, the same freaken discussions. Enough already.

Pleky is not a no. 1 center.

#another highjacked thread and sure to annoy some posters

You can put down the crack pipe now. Just saying.

nah, Bergeron is a machine on faceoffs, better at puck possession, offers more consistent offensive production and is a couple of years younger.

He's also a guy showing up in playoffs...

Pleky is not a no. 1 center.

#another highjacked thread and sure to annoy some posters
Agreed, but with a similar support cast as Bergeron, Plekanec's point totals would be very similar, including playoff stats - a small step below Bergeron due to slight size + grit difference.

Still, for a contending team who've got "bigger guns" as #1-Centre, Plekanec's defensive prowess makes him a very valuable trade asset for Bergevin.

I personally have no issue with Pleks. $5m is completely reasonable for what he does. I think Galchenyuk is the future #1, and I have no problem with Pleks and Eller playing behind him. Centres are not easy to come by and depth can not be understated at the position.

If you wanna complain, it should be directed to DD or Bergevin for rewarding him with a contract we could have done without. I would trade DD in a NY minute if I could. After Price, DD should have the most pressure on him to perform this season.

You can put down the crack pipe now. Just saying.

I did after reading your post. But I still Think the same several hours later....

He did 70 twice playing between with ''good'' wingers. Give him 3-4 more minutes on the power play instead of 3-4 on P.K. Give him offensive zone start more often, sometimes easy shift, he would have probably got 80 pts both seasons. He is one of the best shooting/passing/skating/option blocker in the league.

Any drug suggestion for me ? :smile(21):

Back