• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

FI Dynasty Hockey League Discussion 2019-2020

We will probably hit a snag at 25, think Jesse (eakin it), isn't up till midnight at the earliest, so he may make his next pick some time through the night. I don't have a list for that pick.

I would like to verify something to make sure I understand correctly :

If you trade for a roster player during the draft you don’t have to protect him, the same way you would not have to protect a player drafted from a unprotected list.

This would lead a team to have 21-22-23 « protected » roster players for the duration of the draft, as long as you drop players, to not go over the Total Players of 25.

In the same order of ideas, it means you can drop unprotected players during the draft.
They are still available to other GM’s to draft so it does not change anything, you are just not allowed to trade them once the draft as started.

That's basically correct. I think when we started, we were a little stricter on having to drop a guy when making a pick or trade if your roster was full, but the guys you draft or trade for are "protected" and when the draft is over, we put all remaining FA players on waivers. At that point, each team has to make sure they are at 50 max players (not counting people on the IR, which is "turned off" prior to the draft but can be used as normal basically once the draft begins.)

@BG

tenor.gif

That's basically correct. I think when we started, we were a little stricter on having to drop a guy when making a pick or trade if your roster was full, but the guys you draft or trade for are "protected" and when the draft is over, we put all remaining FA players on waivers. At that point, each team has to make sure they are at 50 max players (not counting people on the IR, which is "turned off" prior to the draft but can be used as normal basically once the draft begins.)

And how do the waivers function exactly ?

How do we claim players and when/how does the order change ?

Once the draft is completed, I forget if it's a couple days or a week, but we can put our claims in. Once a team claims a player they go to the bottom of the order.

In season if you drop a player, I think it's 24 hours that player is on waivers and can be claimed in waiver order. After that, they're a free agent and can be taken by any team.

So you can’t claim multiple players at the same time.
Each claim has to be « settled » one after the other ?
Let’s say I want to claim 3 players, I should claim the one I think is the more valuable first, and then I go to the bottom of the order, and from there I claim the second player ?

Also, let’s say you are #5 in the waiver order, will you be « offered » in Fantrax to take the players claimed by GMs #6-20 ?

(Questions are all about the Post-Draft Waivers)

You can put in claims for multiple players but then it will depend on the waiver order. Say you are number one and you put a claim in for 3 guys. The guy put at the top, you will get because you are first but then you won't get your next guy unless every team after you hasn't put in a claim. Then if noone has you get that player, your back at the bottom of the waiver order and the process starts again for the 3rd guy, etc.etc.

This will only be the case in this first waiver period after the draft, after that everyone is a free agent and you can go nuts adding and dropping guys as you want.

So you can’t claim multiple players at the same time.
Each claim has to be « settled » one after the other ?
Let’s say I want to claim 3 players, I should claim the one I think is the more valuable first, and then I go to the bottom of the order, and from there I claim the second player ?

Also, let’s say you are #5 in the waiver order, will you be « offered » in Fantrax to take the players claimed by GMs #6-20 ?

(Questions are all about the Post-Draft Waivers)

You can put all your claims in at once. Chances are that "only" a handful people will put in claims after the draft. If you put in 10 claims you will probably get the majority of them.

Fantrax in a matter of seconds will run through all the waivers at once.

They start with team with the highest priority that has a claim in. They give the manager with top priority their top choice. Then that manager falls back to 19th. Then they go to the next highest priority who put in a claim and give them their top choice then they go to 19th and the previous guy goes to 18th, and so on.

They just keep going to the team with the highest priority and giving them their highest choice then kicking that team to the back of the line and everyone else up one spot.

So if you have top priority you'll get your top choice, then let's say nobody else puts a claim in on your 2nd choice you'll get him to. But then let's say your 3rd guy is someone that multiple people had a claim in on you might not get him.

Depending on the order you put all your claims in, it will definitely affect the outcome. Especially if a lot of teams put in a lot of claims.

Does this make sense?

You can put all your claims in at once. Chances are that "only" a handful people will put in claims after the draft. If you put in 10 claims you will probably get the majority of them.

Fantrax in a matter of seconds will run through all the waivers at once.

They start with team with the highest priority that has a claim in. They give the manager with top priority their top choice. Then that manager falls back to 19th. Then they go to the next highest priority who put in a claim and give them their top choice then they go to 19th and the previous guy goes to 18th, and so on.

They just keep going to the team with the highest priority and giving them their highest choice then kicking that team to the back of the line and everyone else up one spot.

So if you have top priority you'll get your top choice, then let's say nobody else puts a claim in on your 2nd choice you'll get him to. But then let's say your 3rd guy is someone that multiple people had a claim in on you might not get him.

Depending on the order you put all your claims in, it will definitely affect the outcome. Especially if a lot of teams put in a lot of claims.

Does this make sense?

Yep that makes a lot of sense and certainly help clarifying the process !

I was trying to prepare a bit strategy wise and was looking to see if there were situations were I should prioritize a target to claim, or if in certain situations it would be wiser to avoid making a claim and wait on other GMs to make their move, etc.

You can put in claims for multiple players but then it will depend on the waiver order. Say you are number one and you put a claim in for 3 guys. The guy put at the top, you will get because you are first but then you won't get your next guy unless every team after you hasn't put in a claim. Then if noone has you get that player, your back at the bottom of the waiver order and the process starts again for the 3rd guy, etc.etc.

Excellent, thank you !

Yep that makes a lot of sense and certainly help clarifying the process !

I was trying to prepare a bit strategy wise and was looking to see if there were situations were I should prioritize a target to claim, or if in certain situations it would be wiser to avoid making a claim and wait on other GMs to make their move, etc.

Yeah, personally I don't put in a claim on players I think won't be claimed... unless I'm not willing to miss out on them. There's definitely a strategy in the order you put your claims and which players you choose to wait on.

Really, by the time the draft is finished, not a lot of teams have open roster spots so there usually isn't a ton of claims put in.

Are other GMs informed of all the claims you are making before the claims are resolved by Fantrax, therefore giving them the opportunity to get information about other team’s plans before making their claims ?

Are other GMs informed of all the claims you are making before the claims are resolved by Fantrax, therefore giving them the opportunity to get information about other team’s plans before making their claims ?

Not sure I fully understand... but nobody knows what players other teams are putting claims in on.

Back