• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Galchenyuk

lecoqsportif

Any concerns with 27? I know he hasn't played with players of his standard since breaking into the league, but I see thing I don't like... decisions with the puck, defensive coverage... he's a passenger on a lot of evenings.

If the Habs have a 2 or 3 year window before contracts start expiring and McJesus takes over the universe, one would hope Galchenyuk becomes a central pillar of the team. He's not a kid anymore.

Thoughts?

He'll be fine. He desperately needs a wing that can score and dish. I'm not sure how many pivots would produce more with wings like he's been playing with.

Any concerns with 27? I know he hasn't played with players of his standard since breaking into the league, but I see thing I don't like... decisions with the puck, defensive coverage... he's a passenger on a lot of evenings.

If the Habs have a 2 or 3 year window before contracts start expiring and McJesus takes over the universe, one would hope Galchenyuk becomes a central pillar of the team. He's not a kid anymore.

Thoughts?
Galchenyuk does not possess ANY defensive hockey IQ, that's been a given, he needs a MaxPac type winger who can not only finish offensively, but compensate for his defensive weakness - Ellers helped from the defensive perspective.

Overall I think he's done fine 12-games in, but opposing teams will start honing in on his inabilities, especially on the road, with MT not being the best at in game management , will need to see how that impacts performance.

Let's keep in mind he's still only 21, and he was never projected to be a generational talent, but a good/solid Ron Francis type who in this day could net 60-70 points.....which he's on pace to do.

Last edited:
Galchenyuk has been ok but he could do better.

The winger that can finish is a poor excuse as I don't really see his wingers missing tons of chances. This line is simply not generating enough scoring chances. Eller can finish but he's also not getting chances. Also there is nothing preventing Chucky from scoring himself.

Don't tell me that Flynn and DSP are much better finishers yet this line has produced more. Fleishmann and Weise are not exactly all stars either.

27 is playing with slop. He should be playing with 67. That goal he scored off the Markov pass was a thing of beauty but his current wings are not up to his level.

Considering Galchenyuk's been playing with two terrible wingers, he's been pretty good.

Semin's done. He has nice analytics, but his play is terrible. His legs are shot.

Eller is a third line winger with nice size but terrible vision. If I was coaching Eller, I'd get him to work on his shot all day.

I'd argue Galchenyuk would be doing much better if he was centering Fleishmann & Weise.

well I did say during preseason #27 needs better linemates...and now just 12 games into the season everyone agrees :)

Back