• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Maple Leafs 2/22 7:00

Andersen looked unbeatable till that first goal got by him.

I still have faith we make the playoffs. And quite frankly if we don't no biggie. We have a great team to watch, and playing in Toronto is really tough for NHL hockey players.

We have a ton of talent. It will come together when its LEAST expected.

The use of an emergency goalie is so rare that it doesn't make economic sense for teams to pay for one. That said, the league should tax every team and be the ones who have an emergency goalie in attendance. They should at least have AHL experience.

Andersen looked unbeatable till that first goal got by him.

I still have faith we make the playoffs. And quite frankly if we don't no biggie. We have a great team to watch, and playing in Toronto is really tough for NHL hockey players.

We have a ton of talent. It will come together when its LEAST expected.

It's currently least expected.

That's how I feel about Detroit this year. The Habs blew leads often and ended up 0-4 against the worst team, by far, in the league. That's 8 points in the standings. The Habs would be at 74 points and 3rd in the division if not for screwing the pooch against the Red Wings. The bloody effing Red Wings that have 15 total wins... 4 against the Habs.

#puke
Good thing for you that you are not an NC State basketball fan also.

That's how I feel about Detroit this year. The Habs blew leads often and ended up 0-4 against the worst team, by far, in the league. That's 8 points in the standings. The Habs would be at 74 points and 3rd in the division if not for screwing the pooch against the Red Wings. The bloody effing Red Wings that have 15 total wins... 4 against the Habs.

#puke

And after the last game, the Wings had scored 11% of their goals against the Habs.

Playing back up goalies help
Apparently, so does playing the EBUG ... based on last night :0)

BTW ... if official that the Canes are flying Ayres in to sound the siren before the Dallas game on Tuesday. The legend grows.

This Ayres story is great and all that, but the defensive effort the player put up in the third period was tremendous. This happening and them putting up that kind of effort and winning that game can be one of those things that gets any team over the top. Lets hope for that.

This Ayres story is great and all that, but the defensive effort the player put up in the third period was tremendous. This happening and them putting up that kind of effort and winning that game can be one of those things that gets any team over the top. Lets hope for that.

12 Selke and 6 Norris winners, 5 after Pesce went out. Holding that lineup to 7 shots in the 3rd? Ayres had as many shots in the period as Marner, each had 1. Matthews had 2, Spezza had 1, Kerfoot had 1, Hyman had 1 and Clifford had a harmless 43 ft. floater at the buzzer. No shots for Tavares, Nylander or Kapanen.

Back