• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Islanders 4/22 7:30

Man, what a comeback! I got back home and turned on the game @ TT's goal. Nice snipe by Jarvis too. The roof almost came off on Aho's goal, & crowd sounded like an explosion on the Marty Party goal. The Isles showed what they're all about after Guenzel's EN...can't win, attempt to injure. They ought to remember how that turned out last year.

Jim

Why did Jake get a game misconduct?
Not a game, a 10 minute misconduct. The refs were dealing with all the douchebaggery on the ice and just started handing them out. Guentzel, Noesen and Chatfield all got 10 minute misconducts for the Canes; Palmieri, Nelson, Martin, Bortuzzo, Clutterbuck and Cizikas for the Isles. They had 83 PIM, the Canes had 43.

A non-contact lower body injury is almost always bad.
When did it happen? Wife was trying to figure it out relative to when he and Skjei pulled up short of the board battle and got beat on the Isles' 3rd goal.. we just noticed Slavin out there with Chatfield later in the 2nd and knew the pairings were screwed up.

I’ve seen a lot of hockey games and in the past 48 hours I’ve seen two things that I’d never seen before. First was that crazy triple post goal in the Winnipeg game. Second was a team scoring with their own goalie pulled and then scoring again with the other team’s goalie pulled.

Playoffs.

We outplayed the Isles for most of the game and were behind by 3 goals, only to completely dominate the 3rd period and stage a 4-goal comeback. The roof came off the PNC and there was a whole lotta huggin' goin' on. I don't like it, but I understand the cheap shots the fishsticks were throwing at us - imagine the humiliation of blowing that lead and getting only ONE shot on goal in the 3rd. Absolutely incredible win for the Canes!

I’ve seen a lot of hockey games and in the past 48 hours I’ve seen two things that I’d never seen before. First was that crazy triple post goal in the Winnipeg game. Second was a team scoring with their own goalie pulled and then scoring again with the other team’s goalie pulled.

Playoffs.
Not sure I've ever seen back to back pulled goalie goals by opposing teams.

We outplayed the Isles for most of the game and were behind by 3 goals, only to completely dominate the 3rd period and stage a 4-goal comeback. The roof came off the PNC and there was a whole lotta huggin' goin' on. I don't like it, but I understand the cheap shots the fishsticks were throwing at us - imagine the humiliation of blowing that lead and getting only ONE shot on goal in the 3rd. Absolutely incredible win for the Canes!
And it’s not just last night for the islanders. They’ve been blowing 3d per. leads all year. Remember the Stadium Series disaster 3d against the Rangers? They had a chance last night to end months of failure when it mattered most and failed spectacularly. So I understand the frustration. But that’s still no excuse for all that end of game crap. Be an adult and be an example to all the impressionable kids in the audience. Play the game. Play it hard. Play it fair. And if you happen to not come out on top, have some class.

I do think that one of last night's 3 stars should go to the ESPN stats department for tempting the hockey gods with this: The Islanders are 81-0 in the playoffs when leading by 3 or more goals. Soon after that, the Hurricanes busted through with all of those goals.

Back