• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Stars 2/16 8:00

The social media team for the Canes is absolutely killing it since last night. Great stuff!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh yeah ... the game.

While Carolina played better as a team than they did against Edmonton the night before, they once again got fairly fortunate with the W. Mrazek was really good, the penalty killing was solid and they got some timely scoring again. THAT covers a multitude of sins.

Don Cherry is the Donald Trump of hockey. I can't believe people still watch him. He's an idiot.

Don Cherry is the Donald Trump of hockey. I can't believe people still watch him. He's an idiot.

Yeah, if he was the only one giving the Canes the business, I wouldn't give it the slightest thought. But he's not. Hockey Twitter is a disaster, but it's also a pretty good barometer for general issues like this. Cherry is pandering to his base ... and there are a BUNCH of them.

I'm not surprised that people are giving them shit for it. It's out of the ordinary and it's cheesy... but the team and the fans are having fun, so who cares? Hockey people are so up tight.

Most sizes already sold out online via carolinaproshop.com $12 shipping for a $32 tshirt? Umm...no, I would rather just swing by the Eye on my way home from work. There are going to be a TON of these shirts sold, so thanks for that Don Cherry!

I'm not surprised that people are giving them shit for it. It's out of the ordinary and it's cheesy... but the team and the fans are having fun, so who cares? Hockey people are so up tight.

Frankly, if all they were doing was giving us shit for the celebrations, that would be one thing. But it's just the same old, same old about how crap the market, and frankly after 20 years I've lost patience with that stuff.

Frankly, if all they were doing was giving us shit for the celebrations, that would be one thing. But it's just the same old, same old about how crap the market, and frankly after 20 years I've lost patience with that stuff.
I don't blame you man. I get annoyed with Hab fans that take some sort of pride out of the fact that we have a big fan base. Like that matters. And of course those same guys insult other teams with small(er) fan bases.

Back