• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Golf Thread

Re: The Masters

played a big when I was younger, but by no means was ever an avid golfer.

can't really think of a sport that's any easier on your body than golf though.
The fact that other sports are harder on ones body doesn't make golf any less strenuous.

played a big when I was younger, but by no means was ever an avid golfer.

can't really think of a sport that's any easier on your body than golf though.

Which is why all those other sports, typically don't see many 39 yr olds kicking around, and definitely no 59 yr olds.

Still tough once you get older to walk around in the heat all day for a few days straight, torquing your body like that ~70 times a day, and do it as well as a guy 10-20 years younger than you.

If you've ever seen Tiger Woods swing then there is no way you can't call it strenuous.

No one has been more powerful in the game, and his body doesn't appear to be able to handle how he plays, nor how often it's required to play to be in top form.

Which is why all those other sports, typically don't see many 39 yr olds kicking around, and definitely no 59 yr olds.

Still tough once you get older to walk around in the heat all day for a few days straight, torquing your body like that ~70 times a day, and do it as well as a guy 10-20 years younger than you.

They torque it 70 times on the course, plus practice swings, plus 100's of times practicing before and after.

When not in a tourney tigers daily practice routine (excluding cardio and lifting - which he did a lot) was something like:

- Two hours of range-work and on-course swing work in the morning, followed by 30 minutes to an hour of putting practice.

-Around noon, play nine holes.

- In the afternoon, another 3-4 hours of on-course work focusing on the swing and short game. The afternoon session sometimes includes another nine holes playing golf.

If you walk and carry a full set, it's a good workout, but not terribly strenuous. There's a world of difference between playing recreationally (I play 2-3 rounds/wk) and being a pro. Those guys definitely put a lot of pressure on their bodies, but that's mostly due to repetition.

Tiger, Rory and Phil up on the leaderboard not that far behind Spieth (considering where the day started). Could be one for the ages.

I'm glad he's back to form and everything..it makes the game more interesting when the best are the best...but he's 10 shots behind.

Here is a video I took of Speith and Tiger teeing off on number 10.

Count will love it.

[video=youtube;8bge-4Iqb_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bge-4Iqb_c&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Back