• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: Regular Season 2019-2020

perhaps
but the middle ground also isnt selling out aka what is happening now
But if definition of today’s middle ground is 1,000 below capacity (TBay game) consortium will likely take it vs potential of 25% or more empty seats. Speculation on my part of course, but assume that’s the lens they’re looking though.

perhaps
but the middle ground also isnt selling out aka what is happening now

we only sold out 25 of 41 last year. I was told by some here that fans in Montreal would accept losing for years to get better, that is obviously not the case

But would an ownership consortium that is 17th in the league in debt/equity ratio?

What if its gets worse this year and we miss 3 straight playoffs ?

The team is flush in revenue compared to most teams .

They aren't scraping nickels to pay bills regardless of the debt/equity ratio

Simply put make the smart hockey decisions and be transparent with your fan base .

They will accept a well planned strategy from a regime .

Like Krusty said its 8 years and we are still trying to find our way .

This city will never be lower than the top 1/3 tier in revenue , its a hockey town with no competition for disposable sporting dollars

That debt ratio looks better with many home playoffs games that we missed in the last 4 years

you claiming that re debt/equity ratios, do you have any actual link that shows that?
Habs at 17% while leafs are 8%, NYR at 3% and a slew of teams at 0%

17% is not really bad, but it’s more a question of how much leverage risk the consortium is willing to take. It’s one thing for a single owner like Pegula vs possible too many cooks scenario for a consortium made up of independent businessmen (none of whom are really Pegula class wealthy) and large corporations (Bell), or public holding entities (Quebec workers solidarity fund).

man, Habs might screw up the development of our only potential franchise center of the last 25 years (KK).

Send the kid down already, so Joel Bouchard can help him. I still don't get why they felt he needed to play in the NHL at 18 (he's not a superstar talent)...if they wanted to inject immediate help, they should've taken Brady T.....

The kids needs to go through these growing pains...and the NHL is not the place to do it, certainly not with a coach that feels the pressure of making the playoffs more than ever

Strange, I wonder who's been consistently saying that for the last decade on these forums only to receive mockery from those who don't follow prospects.

Players should never be in the NHL at 18 unless they are a) Supremely skilled or b) Supremely intelligent.

Kotkaniemi is neither. Galchenyuk wasn't either.

The NHL, just like MLB, is a very, very hard league to play in. It's a long season, it's a grind, it's very fast (and consistently getting faster) and with the modern-day pro scouting, teams figure out tendencies very quickly and will take adventage of the opposing players' weaknesses. And just like the MLB, the vast majority of NHLers don't step right into the major leagues. I actually don't think any MLBers go straight from highschool / college to the majors, but anyway. Players have to progressively improve with incremental challenges.

It's why I lose a little bit of patience with the Colefield should be on this team! crowd. No, no, no. The NHL would chew him up. Hell, the AHL would probably chew him up at this point in his career. I'm not comparing the upside of the two players, just using them as examples because they were some of our top prospects, but Josh Brook was fantastic last year in the WHL and he's having a reaaaaal difficult time in the AHL so far.

And that's completely normal. The jump from Junior/college hockey is really steep.

Last edited:
I don’t know about all this “ruining” KK stuff. I think he’ll work out but it may happen quicker if he goes to the AHL for a bit. If he can dominate there it’ll do wonders for his confidence. Of course there are those that will say if he doesn’t dominate it’ll ruin him. Well, if he truly is a first line center he’ll figure it out. It worked for Pacioretty.

I was firmly in the camp of not having him on the team last year but it's way early to say we're ruining him. But I still think a sting in Laval wouldn't hurt him.

I was firmly in the camp of not having him on the team last year but it's way early to say we're ruining him. But I still think a sting in Laval wouldn't hurt him.

He needs to go to Laval and play top minutes and first PP wave .

Right now even if he was playing well he would be buried on the third line , Julien needs to make the playoffs and will trust the vets more

Back