• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

Thumb might start looking attractive again if it dumps some more or if we see a real bounce on the index.

Silver has tanked a bit but still relatively strong. I like that. Gold strong as well.
 
AAPL getting decimated

Down 15 points since yesterday's ridiculous upgrade
This is the kind of carnage that the bears have been waiting for. I rebalanced my long folios recently to get far more conservative, despite my longterm horizons. And my degen folio is all about preserving my hard work. I'm willing to go long and not touch my small positions GTII and TRUL as far as MJ is concerned. Otherwise it's basically all cash and trying to profit off of this bear porn.
 
the low put/call ratio, a sign of complacency, was a night tell a few days ago
I said all last week that the volume on the grind up was unusually pathetic which was another tell for me. That's when I rebalanced in case I was right, though I was not fully convinced we wouldn't get one more leg up.
 
out of my last SHOP put. 30 point slide in less than an hour. took a tiny fraction of the proceeds and bought a lotto 665 put.
 
This is when shorts latch onto TRUL. Unlock FUD + market weakness + recent huge TRUL run = a bears dream.
 
Seems like you've been far better at making your bread on bear porn eh

I consider this a bear market, so yes, in this environment I find trading the downside easier -- less noise, more volume, and last but not least, the downdrafts are quick.

But there are exceptions. I was a bull for GWPH (+6), FSLY (+10) in recent days
 
So, great timing on my SHOP puts, makes up for selling my AAPL puts 20 mins too soon.
 
I’m a pharmacist so can’t trade while at work..too distracting. Too bad, would’ve loved to short roku again. Haemorrhaging today. Hopefully tomorrow is as exciting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CH1
I’m a pharmacist so can’t trade while at work..too distracting. Too bad, would’ve loved to short roku again. Haemorrhaging today. Hopefully tomorrow is as exciting.

That's odd. My "pharmacist" trades all day.
 
Thumb and Trulieve recovery hour. Give me a big enough bounce and I'll scale out entirely and stick with a far smaller core (one that I won't hesitate to sell if it gets some burn on earnings).
 
I'm keeping my Trulove foreva. I like the relative strength today.
Yeah Trulieve will remain untouched. I sold my excess today at 16.01. Rest is untouched forever. And if we get the dump I envision that we could get, I will add moar.


But I'm still a bit too heavy on Thumby at the moment. Would like to scale out for more shares and keep a core. A core that I will not hesitate to sell the entirety of if we get a pop off ER, mind you. So is it really a core????
 
Further to our earlier discussion

@AheadoftheNews
Anyone trading ES the past few weeks can notice the difference in behavior on long side vs short. Down days are smooth as silk, up days are choppy and not easy to trade. Traders then start using wider stops to catch the long and that in turn breeds drawdowns when it turns.
 
Back
Top