• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

Had to look back.. Didn't mention a ticker but you referenced them a couple times. I'm sure it was a small position anyway.

those were hedges -- QQQ puts, which I trashed a while ago at a loss.

my current hedge = UVXY calls expiring in January. Big upside but If they go to zero, I'll be happy also.
 
instant-hedge.jpg
 
Anyway I'm equal parts CURA, TRUL, GTII now - a bit lighter on MJ overall since my CURA scale out yesterday. Wouldn't mind further slippage. Whether it's on TER or one of the big three, I'll add a touch. Tough to read too much into today. Volume is minimal. If yesterdays' levels hold that's pretty bullish overall.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CH1
Overall, I've put a lot less emphasis lately on playing SPY and a lot more emphasis on playing individual tickers.

SPY is in grind mode with low volume, but underneath there are tradable moves as money flows from one sector to the next.
 
bought SNAP for a trade...currently got all the soc media....PINS, FB, TWTR, SNAP. DIVERSIFY 101
 
Thank you VISA.

I can pay off my VISA card with calls I bought yesterday. They have now doubled.
 
My screen went red for a second. Sell algo read the word "instability" in the just released Fed minutes
 
Curaleaf in trouble here.

Cresco finally consolidates pre-earnings.

TER holding up like a beast.

Would love to see big earnings by TER and Cresco to push 'em all up. For now, of the big boys, TRUL looks the best to me. Holding yesterdays lows quite well, though we're not done here yet!
 
Happy to hold my smaller core positions through consolidation. Would like to see more. CURA and Thumb just tapping oversold on the hourly. A position-free fella should start scaling in.
 
what a damn rollercoaster....not the way I scripted it but trading account ended solidly in the green. classic playoff trading.
 
Happy to hold my smaller core positions through consolidation. Would like to see more. CURA and Thumb just tapping oversold on the hourly. A position-free fella should start scaling in.

freed up some cash today in the LT account in order to go shopping.

I think MJ sector will be an outperformer in the next 5 yrs.
 
freed up some cash today in the LT account in order to go shopping.

I think MJ sector will be an outperformer in the next 5 yrs.
At the very least, even if it continues to be a cyclical sector, the floor should be far higher than it once was. We're looking at multiple companies pulling in $1b in 2021. GTII, for example, has a market cap of $3b currently. I don't like assuming floors, as the market can be an irrational fucker, but not sure how reasonable anything under $13 would be for them. If Thumb loses another 30% from here (I wouldn't count that out) I think it has to be a screaming buy.

Curaleaf market cap about 4.5 billy and they'll probably pull in ~1.5 billy next year. Another 30% loss for them and yeah, clear buy as well.

I realize the lack of banking hurts, the debt hurts, the lack of profitability (compared to Trulieve) hurts.. But man these still feel like value stocks, fundamentally. A rarity in this market.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CH1
PENN was one of my longs this am. I was fortunate to get out with a nice profit before this tweet

 
Back
Top