• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leaf Rumours

Eklund:
I keep thinking there is no reason to move Sharp right now, but this rumor comes from a very reliable source. I am told the Leafs are working on major deal and that "The Sharp Deal is a component only."

more to come...

Sure, he probably just reads boards and hears chicago and leafs and comes up with this.... but you never know

"Dreg" says up to 5 teams have called Burke about Hagman, 3 have tabled serious offers.

I'd move Hagman for the right deal. This team needs to clear out some salary among their numerous 2nd/3rd line players.

thing is, Hagman's pretty decent defensively, and on the PK - it's his turnovers which hurt us so much defensively, without actually being bad defense by him.

Yeah, it's a stretch to call him "excellent" defensively (okay, a huge stretch), but he is good defensively, for sure. Tries to do too much, and turns the puck over a lot, however.

Hagman's pretty streaky. He's on a good one now and if somebody wants to overpay, there's an argument to strike while the iron's hot.

Problem is, we have so few guys that score.

He's one-dimensional, he's lazy and he's a wimp, but you know someone is going to overlook all of that and overpay because the guy scores some pretty goals.

Now is the perfect time to dump him and get a first round pick back.

He's one-dimensional, he's lazy and he's a wimp, but you know someone is going to overlook all of that and overpay because the guy scores some pretty goals.

Now is the perfect time to dump him and get a first round pick back.

It's cute that you think you can get a 1st for Nik Hagman.

2nd and 5th max.

It's cute that you think you can get a 1st for Nik Hagman.

2nd and 5th max.

If that is the max then keep him and stuff the 2nd and 5th.
You have him under contract for 2 more years, so why trade one of your better players for shet. You gotta believe that it will be a contender that will want him so the 2nd will be in the 50-60 range and the fifth will be somewhere between 2 days later and never.

Back