• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs sign Jason Spezza to one-year deal

The risk is of course real. Guys this age deteriorate quickly. And spezza is no exception the last two years. But he could still play last year. He's a flat out good hockey player.

But Nick Shore is the goat replacement imo. Not spezza.
I dunno. Shore's a 26 year-old that was a fringe NHLer for years, and spent last year in the KHL.

If we do sign him, it'd be as depth, not because he's guaranteed a spot in the lineup.

And in each of the last few years, the Leafs have usually had a couple of guys competing for that fourth line center spot. Last year it was Lindholm & Gauthier. The year before it was Moore & Aaltonen.

I still worry about Babcock and players like this. Dubas better have him on a short ****ing leash.

Are they still going to sign Shore? Its nice to have center depth for when Kadri gets suspended next year.

That's the report. Elliotte said Agostino and shore will be signed by them today.

Shore is a legitimately really good fourth line center. More of a Babcock type of 4c.

I dunno. Shore's a 26 year-old that was a fringe NHLer for years, and spent last year in the KHL.

If we do sign him, it'd be as depth, not because he's guaranteed a spot in the lineup.

And in each of the last few years, the Leafs have usually had a couple of guys competing for that fourth line center spot. Last year it was Lindholm & Gauthier. The year before it was Moore & Aaltonen.

Eh Shore is a clear NHL player for me. His metrics alone tell me he's a no brainer 4c at minimum. A huge upgrade on goat or Lindholm.

Spezza would be much less attractive as a Kadri replacement as the 5 on 5 offense seems to be completely gone.

Spezza would be much less attractive as a Kadri replacement as the 5 on 5 offense seems to be completely gone.

Certainly would not be ideal. Reading on twitter now that they almost traded kadri last week but the deal fell through. Lots of interest throughout the league.

He doesn't actually have to play center for us. In fact I hope he doesn't, given how slow he is.

He doesn't actually have to play center for us. In fact I hope he doesn't, given how slow he is.

Yeah a spezza-shore-mikhaylev fourth line is entirely possible.

But spezza should sure as **** take faceoffs. He doesn't lose many.

Back