• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs sign Joe Thornton: 1 year/$700K, NMC

On a related note, I have over 40,000 posts which translate to probably an amount of time lost in my life that would put me into a deep depression if I knew exactly how much.
I don’t have as high a number of posts but I feel the same way.

Can someone just ban me?

By the way, I never even knew about these stats. They’re fucking hilarious.

On a related note, I have over 40,000 posts which translate to probably an amount of time lost in my life that would put me into a deep depression if I knew exactly how much.
And how can you be sure that posting isn’t preventing you from falling into depression?

i think he’s healthy and due for a dead cat bounce at 32. Then again, both these guys can easily get hurt and all our great analysis will go to waste
Could be. He's been a write off for me for awhile so who knows. Could be a Terrascend situation where they did everything wrong and looked completely dead after showing early promise. And then they restructured and got kind of a second wind. But I think he's more Ianthus or Medmen than Terrascend.

Reactions: CH1
You so obviously make mj references in hockey related posts just for the guaranteed CH likes to pad your stats.

And CH falls for it every. single. time.

You're just jealous of my stats. Kinda like Bruce Linton to my Ben Kovler.

Last edited:
You so obviously make mj references in hockey related posts just for the guaranteed CH likes to pad your stats.

And CH falls for it every. single. time.

If I could, I would give him 2X points...think of the courage necessary to be willing to alienate a larger audience with obtuse references to multi-state-operators.

It's weird. You're probably right but in my eyes I see Simmonds as more finished and completely broken as a player than Thornton despite their ages.

But in fairness Thornton had a lot of room to fall as a player. Simmonds was good, not great. Declining even half the amount as Thornton did probably makes him a worse player. So we'll see.

Great post , I like both signings

Maybe they can light a fire with some of your youth to compete harder and be more consistent

As long as they know their roles and don’t complain about ice time

Joe probably becomes a bigger voice in the locker room

One person's courage and obtuse references are another person's whoreishness and transparent shenanigans!
Hey I just found out that stats were a thing yesterday. If I wanted to pad them I'd post a picture of a dog or some shit. Easiest way to get 5000 likes. My MJ thing is obviously a gag on how much I reach to shoehorn in obscure niche references. Leave us and our fun alone.

Cup chasing vets:

“It was probably the hardest hockey decision I’ve ever had to make,” Thornton said of cutting ties with the Sharks after more than 1,200 games. “But I truly believe Toronto, with the roster they have, with the guys they picked up this offseason, I think this team is ready to win now — I’m ready to win.”

Thornton said other teams expressed interest and the Sharks wanted to have him back. And while being closer to his parents in St. Thomas, Ont., factored into the decision, “really, it’s because of the hockey team, honestly. This team is a very, very good team, and I need to win a Stanley Cup, and I think this is a great team that can do that.”

Back