• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs Vs Panthers

Small sample and likely more anecdotal than anything....but it sure seems like teams daring him to shoot on the PP, has sapped the unit of its effectiveness.

I mentioned it a while back....but I'd love to see Nylander tried in that role.

He has been shooting more and my god it's not very threatening at all. I prefer the over-passing marner. But if a lane isn't there it isn't there.

I don't think we speak the same language. I call marner a 90 point player... I believe he would be the second winger his age in the last like 20 years to be a 90 point man.. and you pick some arbitrary dates and tell me he's a 100+ point player. At some point we need to temper our expectations and be happy about what we have.

Yeah...I felt wrong for a stretch...but I said for a while he was much more likely to end this year in the 82-92 range, than he was the high nineties or cracking 100.

He did have an amazing stretch to end last year....and to start this year, but fusing them together & assuming that's who he is now, ignored the fact a cold stretch or two at some point was going to happen.

[

Yeah...I felt wrong for a stretch...but I said for a while he was much more likely to end this year in the 82-92 range, than he was the high nineties or cracking 100.

He did have an amazing stretch to end last year....and to start this year, but fusing them together & assuming that's who he is now, ignored the fact a cold stretch or two at some point was going to happen.

And combine that with playing Babcock minutes? It would be a miracle.. hell, 90 points at his age, playing Babcock minutes is a miracle in itself. And honestly, I think he can do it.

I don't think we speak the same language. I call marner a 90 point player... I believe he would be the second winger his age in the last like 20 years to be a 90 point man.. and you pick some arbitrary dates and tell me he's a 100+ point player. At some point we need to temper our expectations and be happy about what we have.

we speak the same language, but you infuse yours with a great deal more waffling and bullshit. I'm not even sure what the hell you're arguing right now.

first you said he's not a 100 point player and can't sustain it. then you went to 120. now you think he's 90 point player, but don't think it's 10% more than that or your expectations are too high.

what arbitrary dates?

you're so ****ing irritating sometimes.

we speak the same language, but you infuse yours with a great deal more waffling and bullshit. I'm not even sure what the hell you're arguing right now.

first you said he's not a 100 point player and can't sustain it. then you went to 120. now you think he's 90 point player, but don't think it's 10% more than that or your expectations are too high.

what arbitrary dates?

you're so ****ing irritating sometimes.

Yup. You completely misunderstood everything. As usual. I don't find you irritating though. We're just two idiots discussing grown men gliding on ice smacking pieces of rubber around. It's not life or death. :)

One of the most concerning things about this team (outside of the defense) is that Marleau is pretty much done and Babcock will continue to play the living shit out of him regardless. I think I've see Marleau win one board battle all season. It's just embarrassing watching him go in for a puck battle.

As usual, when Mitch is not going whole team is dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back