• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Max traded to Golden Knights

Habs retain 10% of Pacioretty’s salary, Vegas retains 9.433962% (seriously) of Tatar’s salary. LeBrun explains.

https://mobile.twitter.com/pierrevle...18162963251200

Actual dollar amounts are pretty equal for year one. VGK on hook for years 2-3 on Tatar so in essence he is not costing the Habs any more than Pacioretty did.

Last edited:
This trade won't work out, likely because it was made by Bergevin. Somehow, he'll get fleeced.Excitement seems to follow all our trades, including from some quarters, the Subban deal.

Doubtful Suzuki or Tatar turns into near the player Pacioretty was/is,regardless of the politics,money etc. aspects of the trade..Regardless of his less than stellar playoffs, he was the only true scorer we had in what, 20 years? Too bad we couldn't have kept him.

There, some balance.

You're joking? You have to be. Max needed a new contract and didn't fit in with this club given how we are rebuilding. What would be the point of trying to win, when we suck and need more prospects to build up? We got Suzuki, a 2nd, and Tatar will be flipped for most likely another 2nd. Suzuki has plenty of upside, and will most likely be a better PPG player than Kot. It helps the rebuild and allows us to stay near the bottom again this year as well. Max was great value on his LAST contract, yes, but he's a UFA this year.

And after all the BS with MB there is no way Max was resigning with the Habs, even if he tried he'd ask for more because of it.

And after all the BS with MB there is no way Max was resigning with the Habs, even if he tried he'd ask for more because of it.

Ya, well we always have to pay more, taxes, climate, the paparazzi media, being crap for 20+ years.

I'll give credit where credit is due. Bergevin pull a great trade on this one. Got a top 6 player, an top bluechip prospect and a pick.

Suzuki is highly regarded and probably become our best prospect. He might even rank high than Kotkaniemi. He is pure skill. He is another Jonathan Drouin, but with the advantage of being a pure center. From what I'm reading this is great.

Tatar I agree, is a throw in on the salary side but he make sense. Usually score 20+ goals per seasons, he is 2 years younger than Pacioretty. Yeah he has a bad contract but we are not a cap team anymore and can afford to pay him. Will help replace some of Pacioretty's production lost.

The second round pick is welcome. With this pick, we again have 10 picks now for the next draft. You can't build by the draft if you don't allow your recruitment team to pick players. so we'll have 3 picks in the top 2 rounds next year so this is great.

Seriously, It' hard to find fault in this trade. Considering Pacioretty's value, with the team wanting him out and being well known in the NHL, I'm suprised Bergevin was able to get this much for him.

Wish Pacioretty all the best with his new team. Many people didn't appreciated him but most saw him for a player that he wasn't.

Like GGPX said, we are now stocked in Center prospect right now. Bergevin, in two years, turn this from a generation weakness for the Habs into a possible strenght. Just wish he had waken up sooner.

Habs retain 10% of Pacioretty’s salary, Vegas retains 9.433962% (seriously) of Tatar’s salary. LeBrun explains.

https://mobile.twitter.com/pierrevle...18162963251200

Actual dollar amounts are pretty equal for year one. VGK on hook for years 2-3 on Tatar so in essence he is not costing the Habs any more than Pacioretty did.

That's even better than anticipated. Bergevin finally struck gold with a trade. He was overdue.

I'll give credit where credit is due. Bergevin pull a great trade on this one. Got a top 6 player, an top bluechip prospect and a pick.

Suzuki is highly regarded and probably become our best prospect. He might even rank high than Kotkaniemi. He is pure skill. He is another Jonathan Drouin, but with the advantage of being a pure center. From what I'm reading this is great.

Tatar I agree, is a throw in on the salary side but he make sense. Usually score 20+ goals per seasons, he is 2 years younger than Pacioretty. Yeah he has a bad contract but we are not a cap team anymore and can afford to pay him. Will help replace some of Pacioretty's production lost.

The second round pick is welcome. With this pick, we again have 10 picks now for the next draft. You can't build by the draft if you don't allow your recruitment team to pick players. so we'll have 3 picks in the top 2 rounds next year so this is great.

Seriously, It' hard to find fault in this trade. Considering Pacioretty's value, with the team wanting him out and being well known in the NHL, I'm suprised Bergevin was able to get this much for him.

Wish Pacioretty all the best with his new team. Many people didn't appreciated him but most saw him for a player that he wasn't.

Like GGPX said, we are now stocked in Center prospect right now. Bergevin, in two years, turn this from a generation weakness for the Habs into a possible strenght. Just wish he had waken up sooner.

Like all teams that stink and keep that hamster wheel spinning to futility .....the rebuild/ retool will be forced upon you one day

Bergevin confirmed that they had Suzuki 11th on their list during the 2017 draft (habs were only drafting 25th and picked Poelling) so they are pleased to get him.

Bergevin just confirmed once more than Pacioretty requested a trade multiple times last year.

Bergevin is a confirmed BS artist, so I don't care what he says at this point.

In all honesty, Bergy is not that bad at trades (other than Subban which was not a hockey trade).

He just sucks at contract negotiations, asset management and fostering a useful draft strategy.

In all honesty, Bergy is not that bad at trades (other than Subban which was not a hockey trade).

He just sucks at contract negotiations, asset management and fostering a useful draft strategy.

In this case all 3 Walsh , Max and Nero were all BS`ing

Nice haul for the Habs here. Suzuki is a very interesting prospect.

Nice to see that the rebuild is in full flight. Hopefully Weber can get healthy, so we can move him as well.

Because it looks like this trade may have worked out, this trade makes the Subban trade sting a little more. Subban should have been moved for a prospect package or not moved at all.

Walsh isn’t a confirmed BS artist too?

Nice haul for the Habs here. Suzuki is a very interesting prospect.

Nice to see that the rebuild is in full flight. Hopefully Weber can get healthy, so we can move him as well.

Because it looks like this trade may have worked out, this trade makes the Subban trade sting a little more. Subban should have been moved for a prospect package or not moved at all.

He shouldn’t have been moved for a player who plays the same position as him but is four years older. It was not a hockey trade.

I look forward to seeing a few people admit they were wrong. We got a very good prospect and a 2nd. That's pretty good for 1 year of Pacioretty.

ya - the return like this would have been okay at last years deadline as well

and maybe we can trade tatar for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd....

Back